Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its another redtop ect , but dont know where to start with this one

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jack-rodwells-decline-warning-english-6812393

But the following summer, Rodwell moved from everton to Manchester City for a £15million fee and so began the rapid decline of one of English football’s best young prospects.
I made the effort to read that... Thought John Cross had come on-side recently.

What did strike me was there were hyperlinks in the storey for Everton, Peter Reid, Wroy, Sunderland etc but not for us.

If ever there was an indication of bias/agenda......

I know its another redtop ect , but dont know where to start with this one

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jack-rodwells-decline-warning-english-6812393

But the following summer, Rodwell moved from everton to Manchester City for a £15million fee and so began the rapid decline of one of English football’s best young prospects.

If we are honest, he did come to us with a lot of promise and did absolutely nothing and has continued that decline since.

Another example of a over hyped British player getting everything way too soon and thinking he has made it.

Rodwell only made 14 starts for Everton in his last year, and was widely considered to not be in their best XI when fit by most toffees I know.

He cam to us and played when fit under Mancini. He just wasn't fit much.

Didn't get much of a go under Pellegrini, which was a shame, but he wasn't the superstar on the verge that people like to make out he was.

He had a blinder in a Manchester Senior Cup game at Oldham, ran the game & scored 3.

Apart from that I remember him giving the ball away to cost us a point at home and him never being fit.

He's fit now and can't get a start for Sunderland.....

Like all signings I had high hopes for Rodwell but unfortunately it seemed he was always injured.

2 games stick in the mind with him, the Dortmund game when came on for Garcia and made a horrendous mistake which lead to Reus sticking the ball in the net, and the dead rubber against Norwich where he played very well and scored twice.

His record since leaving City speaks for itself, it looks like the injuries have taken their toll on the lad

City continually get stick about the English players in the past but look at where Rodwell, Sinclair and Adam Johnson are now. Top teams weren't exactly scrambling for their signatures but we were supposed to play them week in, week out?

Any of the press mentioning Kieran Trippier's move to Spurs where he gets games in the Europa league and that's it?
What about United with Nick Powell and Wilfred Zaha who was quickly binned off to Palace but no mention of them ruining his career or "not giving him a chance".

Even during the Villa game on Sunday, the sky commentator mentioned that Sinclair wasn't given "a fair chance" at City. Really? What's fair? Everyone who saw him would say he looked scared, totally out of his depth and has done nothing since to prove that assessment to be wrong.

City continually get stick about the English players in the past but look at where Rodwell, Sinclair and Adam Johnson are now. Top teams weren't exactly scrambling for their signatures but we were supposed to play them week in, week out?

Any of the press mentioning Kieran Trippier's move to Spurs where he gets games in the Europa league and that's it?
What about United with Nick Powell and Wilfred Zaha who was quickly binned off to Palace but no mention of them ruining his career or "not giving him a chance".

Even during the Villa game on Sunday, the sky commentator mentioned that Sinclair wasn't given "a fair chance" at City. Really? What's fair? Everyone who saw him would say he looked scared, totally out of his depth and has done nothing since to prove that assessment to be wrong.

The Sinclair signing was a baffling one from the moment we were linked with him, I can't think of one person who thought it was a good idea, or that he was anywhere near good enough to be playing even a rotational role in the City squad. Sinclair was always far below the standard required of City players, and he proved to be just that during his time here. Since leaving he's been a mediocre player in one of the Premier League's worst sides.

The point about no analysis of our players or the systems we play is spot on. Time after time I hear detailed appreciation of the likes of Carzola, Bellerin, Hazard, Delle Ali etc, and the impact they have had on a particular game. If the 2 Ferns played for the rags they would be the best midfield combination in the prem, but they go almost unnoticed by the opinion formers in the media. The only thing they have to say about our players is how much they cost, and the fact that our players rarely appear in teams of the year tells you all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.