Media bias for FourFourTwo

Do you intend making any positive or meaningful contribution to this thread? If not then I'd strongly advise making yourself scarce.

I like to think I always endeavour to write something meaningful but I appreciate if you flow against the tide you are likely to be warned, as there is plenty on these last few pages which could be argued is not meaningful. If you would prefer me to leave the thread that would be fine.

I was not sure if Manimanc was saying he could not believe peoples opinions on this thread, which conflicted with his following sentence hence I requested clarification.

The thing is Frank, I'd rather you stayed. I'm sure that eventually, you'll be convinced. I remember when the first thread of this nature started. You dismissed one or two stories in the papers as paranoia, then admitted that you don't read the tabloids.
The general argument against there being a bias or agenda is that it's just individual journalists or pundits having a go due to their allegiance to their favoured team. Well, a group of individuals by nature, become a collective.
As I've reiterated many times, I don't want kiss arse sycophants to report on us. Justifiable and relevant criticism shouldn't upset any of us. Hypocritical digs about spending money and empty seats are particularly annoying. Ex players from our biggest rivals being given a platform to air their bile is another one. Basically, other clubs don't have to put up with shit like this. Neither should they. What would Liverpool think if the pundits for their europa games were Kevin Sheedy and Graham Sharpe, with Duncan Ferguson as co-commentator? Wouldn't happen.Wouldn't be allowed to happen.

I like to think I always endeavour to write something meaningful but I appreciate if you flow against the tide you are likely to be warned, as there is plenty on these last few pages which could be argued is not meaningful. If you would prefer me to leave the thread that would be fine.

I was not sure if Manimanc was saying he could not believe peoples opinions on this thread, which conflicted with his following sentence hence I requested clarification.
I wasn't referring to people's opinions on the thread, I was referring to the links and the various videos from these jealous bastard journalists.
Has that sorted your head out pal?

The thing is Frank, I'd rather you stayed. I'm sure that eventually, you'll be convinced. I remember when the first thread of this nature started. You dismissed one or two stories in the papers as paranoia, then admitted that you don't read the tabloids.
The general argument against there being a bias or agenda is that it's just individual journalists or pundits having a go due to their allegiance to their favoured team. Well, a group of individuals by nature, become a collective.
As I've reiterated many times, I don't want kiss arse sycophants to report on us. Justifiable and relevant criticism shouldn't upset any of us. Hypocritical digs about spending money and empty seats are particularly annoying. Ex players from our biggest rivals being given a platform to air their bile is another one. Basically, other clubs don't have to put up with shit like this. Neither should they. What would Liverpool think if the pundits for their europa games were Kevin Sheedy and Graham Sharpe, with Duncan Ferguson as co-commentator? Wouldn't happen.Wouldn't be allowed to happen.

Thanks 2Sheikhs. What is often forgotten on here is firstly I am no lover of the Press and although I do not see an agenda it does not mean I am not disappointed and do not agree that some members of the press do not like us.

The lines of what constitues an agenda seems to have been blurred. I have always disputed that commercial organisations are conspiring against us because I do not believe from a commercial perspective there is really any significant benefit and organisations like BT, one of the organisations continually accused, even has a commercial relationship with us.

Also I have to say often the journalists articles fans get upset about in this forum, crowds for champs lge games, fans leaving early, players poor attitudes, you can also generally find threads saying the same by City fans on this forum.

One of the biggest things which feeds the perceived agenda is comparing our coverage with Uniteds. Do we get as much coverage? Of course we dont that is just based on market forces.

Do they get as tough a time in the media? Probably not about empty seats (although it has been referenced a lot for the palace/Bournemouth games) but there managers certainly get a tougher time as arguably did Mourinho, Rodgers this year as does Wenger every year.

I do also think we can be a bit sensitive. Shael wrote a great post listing slights and many are well founded, and rightly fans have reason to be cheesed off about them. But I also noted he referenced how everyone new City were going to get Guardiola but the press perpetuated the myth he would end up at Old Trafford as evidence of bias within the media coverage. But in a complete contradiction when City have been linked with players, who are likely or have gone to another club, fans scream bias and state the press have wrote this to make it look like the players rejected us. So in both scenarios bias has been confirmed and of course this then reinforces the belief.

Still I think its great poor journalism is challenged but for me a lot of valid points are diluted by the accusation of bias which follows every article.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.