Media bias - yes that old chestnut

Wreckless Alec said:
Neville Kneville said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Oh god...Paddy "Ferguson" Barclay..mmmm Lets just remind ourselves...Didn't they crow to early last season. Let them talk.

I don't think we're playing anything like our best, but for a so called serious sports journo to come out with such abject nonsense beggars belief.

How can he possibly make a statement like that at this stage ? That is pure pandering to the rag masses for effect, not an honest opinion.

Agreed, but there are people on Bluemoon who subscribe to this sort of nonsense. Just read any post-match thread when we've lost.

Just read any post-match thread when we've lost.
==
Well we'd have to go back to April then... they are talking about the prem...

levets said:
Wreckless Alec said:
Neville Kneville said:
I don't think we're playing anything like our best, but for a so called serious sports journo to come out with such abject nonsense beggars belief.

How can he possibly make a statement like that at this stage ? That is pure pandering to the rag masses for effect, not an honest opinion.

Agreed, but there are people on Bluemoon who subscribe to this sort of nonsense. Just read any post-match thread when we've lost.

==

Good point - we don't even have to lose for some of the doom merchants on here to start having a pop at our manager and players

I see the Evening News have an article about Rag season tickets being available and one on Saturday about the Xmas Santa walks being on the same day. I'm not sure they are totally biased but it really is a lowest common denominator 'paper with inane, banal so called stories. I think they like to provoke both sets of fans with these stupid articles and the comments page bears witness to this..utter dross.

philiph20 said:
I see the Evening News have an article about Rag season tickets being available and one on Saturday about the Xmas Santa walks being on the same day. I'm not sure they are totally biased but it really is a lowest common denominator 'paper with inane, banal so called stories. I think they like to provoke both sets of fans with these stupid articles and the comments page bears witness to this..utter dross.

I agree with they try to provoke both sets off fans because the more traffic they get through there website the more money they will make

I was impressed Brennan came on here to argue his corner, but I gave up on the Evening News donkeys years ago. Had a butcher's at the comments section - laughable!

The example of professional journalism - the article from one of media agencies (Global Sports media, soccerway.com). Now compare this with articles that come from Daily Fail for example.

Plain and simple, readers informed about everything important that is related to article without any cheap digs, name-calling etc..

Roberto Mancini has slammed the match officials in charge of Manchester City's 2-2 draw at home to Ajax in the Champions League.
Referee Peter Rasmussen was thrown into the spotlight from the start, with Yaya Toure going down in the area under a challenge from ex-Liverpool man Christian Poulsen only for the protests to be waved away.

And, in the final stages of the match, Sergio Aguero had a goal disallowed despite Aleksandar Kolarov seemingly onside and Mario Balotelli fell to ground in the area after having his shirt tugged, but again no penalty was given and Mancini was left furious.

"The referee and linesmen had a bad night. It should have been a goal (Aguero's disallowed effort)," Mancini told Sky Sports.

"We were close to getting the miracle we needed. Unfortunately we took only one point and I think we are finished in the Champions League now.

"I think we played a good game. We did very, very well in the second half, creating a lot of chances and scoring three goals (including disallowed goal).

"But the referee and his linesmen were really poor."

The Italian marched on to the pitch after the final whistle and confronted Rasmussen, but when asked why the goal was not counted Mancini was non-plussed.

"I don't know (why it did not count). I said it was a goal and not offside," he said.

"I don't know how it is possible for one linesman to consider that wasn't a goal - incredible."

Despite the questionable decision against City, Mancini was under no illusions that his side simply should have done better in the match, highlighting the poor defending for Siem de Jong's double.

"We made two mistakes and can't afford to concede goals like this," rued the Italian. "We should have paid more attention in those situations in an important game like this.

"We have two more difficult games and we still need to try and win, nothing has changed there. We will try and get into the Europa League if that is possible."

Danielmanc said:
levets said:
Wreckless Alec said:

==

Good point - we don't even have to lose for some of the doom merchants on here to start having a pop at our manager and players

Proof of the pudding is always in the eating.

I don't like "Doom Merchants" but I equally despise "Happy blue tinted clappers"

Fortunately we have wonderful owners who are neither and will ultimately get what they want.

Can any one tell me the last rags game they watched where how much money the players were on was mentioned? thats despite Rooney supposedly being on 250 grand a week,
Yet every time & I mean every time we are on TV the same old shite about wages gets trotted out,
Mario gets crucified every time he so much as dares to challenge for the ball or suggests the ref might have made a mistake yet the sun shines out of rooneys arse despite him shagging a prostitute while his wife is pregnant & the foul & abusive language he shouts in the refs face nearly every game.
Media bias?
(dont even get me started on that thug keane being a pundit for city games)

piffy on a rock bun said:
Can any one tell me the last rags game they watched where how much money the players were on was mentioned? thats despite Rooney supposedly being on 250 grand a week,
Yet every time & I mean every time we are on TV the same old shite about wages gets trotted out,
Mario gets crucified every time he so much as dares to challenge for the ball or suggests the ref might have made a mistake yet the sun shines out of rooneys arse despite him shagging a prostitute while his wife is pregnant & the foul & abusive language he shouts in the refs face nearly every game.
Media bias?
(dont even get me started on that thug keane being a pundit for city games)

seriously can you imagine the outcry if 2 of our players had done what giggs and rooney have done? there'd probably be calls for point deductions!

we do not live by the same rules and anyone who can't see it needs to open their eyes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.