Media bias - yes that old chestnut

baildon blue said:
I saw that weasel James Cooper interviewing United fans on the street asking them will they blow a 7 point lead this year and saying to them say no.City should not let this guy James Cooper from sky sports near are ground again.We all know he loves Manchester United Tw**

they deserve each other

Balti said:
baildon blue said:
I saw that weasel James Cooper interviewing United fans on the street asking them will they blow a 7 point lead this year and saying to them say no.City should not let this guy James Cooper from sky sports near are ground again.We all know he loves Manchester United Tw**

they deserve each other

Isn't JC hosting some do at City? Some Q and A session with Cheeky Stand, Ferregamo and Roberto? If he's a RagTwunt then he should be fired off!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Just listened to a report on BBC R2 of last night's results. What did the fuckers play? A snippet of the commentary from the '33 final. Of all the fuckin' finals available they pick one we lose! The Bastard Broadcasting Corporation!

1933?...surely we wasn`t even formed then

bluevengence said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Just listened to a report on BBC R2 of last night's results. What did the fuckers play? A snippet of the commentary from the '33 final. Of all the fuckin' finals available they pick one we lose! The Bastard Broadcasting Corporation!

1933?...surely we wasn`t even formed then

Despite the Dipper and MANUre shite about histree we were going in 1833!!!

Daily Mail and Mirror are still whining about Vinny's card being overturned. This is the Mail who told us on Monday that they already knew the appeal would fail, they're now going with the angle that the referees have been undermined. Full of supposition and not one actual quote.

Seriously pathetic stuff, they literally have no shame.

Berkovic_blue said:
Daily Mail and Mirror are still whining about Vinny's card being overturned. This is the Mail who told us on Monday that they already knew the appeal would fail, they're now going with the angle that the referees have been undermined. Full of supposition and not one actual quote.

Seriously pathetic stuff, they literally have no shame.

This whole idea that reviewing and overturning decisions "undermines" the refs is so juvenile and ridiculous. They use video reviews all the time in the NFL and many decisions that the refs make on the field get overturned. No one suggests it undermines the refs - in fact it's the refs who look at the video replays, from several different angles and in slow motion, and change the call themselves. No one ever suggests that a correct call, based on good evidence, undermines the snap decision, made in the moment with one quick look from a possibly dodgy angle. As far as I can tell the NFL refs like it as it doesn't leave them looking stupid when their clearly wrong decision has changed a game.

I have watched the sending off numerous times the thing what bothers me is I honestly think mr dean did not know which player to send off? I know people on here will say I'm nuts but he looks at both players but when he pulls the card out he is looking at Wiltshire then changed his mind .

Sorry if this is old news (please don't post pictures of the Titanic)

Today Luis Suarez said in an interview that Manchester United control the media in our country.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1218079-liverpool-fcs-luis-suarez-admits-to-stoke-city-penalty-dive.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liv ... -dive.html</a>

Luis Suarez has admitted that he dived in a bid to win a penalty for Liverpool against Stoke.

Suarez hit the headlines earlier this season when he attempted an audacious double dive against the Potters during their goalless draw with the Reds at Anfield in October.

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny branded the Uruguayan a cheat on the back of the incident, which reignited the debate on players diving in the Premier League.

But in an interview aired in Argentina today, Suarez came clean about his actions during the stalemate with Tony Pulis's side, insisting that he embarked on simulation in order to win but also alleged that he has also become the subject of unfair treatment from the media.

He said: "I don't listen all the nonsense some people say about me. I'm accused of cheating here. People say I throw myself all the time inside the box.

"Let's see, they said that when we played against Stoke, for instance, and in that case they were right. I invented a foul because we were drawing 0-0 against Stoke and I wanted to win.

"Sometimes on the pitch I say to myself 'what have I done?' But the name of Suarez sells papers.

"The other day, for instance, I touched the ball with my hand accidentally, and I was criticised because I kissed my hand. The media make up a lot of things about me because they want to sell papers. I say to the media: you should talk more about football, not about other stuff."

Liverpool are currently reaping the rewards of an in-form Suarez, who has now scored 19 goals in all competitions this season, but it has not been without controversy, after he handled the ball when scoring the winning goal in their FA Cup win over Mansfield earlier this month.

And the 25-year-old feels that he and his fellow South Americans are targeted in the English top flight due to what he has again claimed is Manchester United's controlling of the media.

'When someone comes and says to me something bad about being a South American, I don't cry, because that happens inside the pitch. I have my conscience clean. But as I have said: Manchester United controls the media, they are powerful and the media will always help them," he added."I can help Liverpool today. We are united and we can play well. Liverpool doesn't depend on me. It's complicated to play here in England.

"As Carlitos (Carlos Tevez) and Kun (Sergio Aguero) has said, it's complicated for a South American footballer to be here as we are treated differently to the local footballers.

"But they have their culture, they are like this, you know. I have to play football, which is what I always wanted, but I have suffered a lot for being a footballer."

I find it quite funny how Suarez manages to enrage United's fans so much. Keep up the good work!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.