Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only half watching the game but I did get the impression with Stones’ hesitancy in defence, that there was a reluctance to do the simple pass back to Pickford.
With City he would have no reservations about giving it to Ed.

It happened a few times that England seemed like they were told to play it out from the back but where we would be used to seeing our defenders take the required positions to give options, there was just no out ball. The defenders were miles apart and no triangles being formed with the keeper.
Then the last goal proved just why the trust isn’t there. If you don’t have a midfield that can play that football then your defenders are always going to be the ones that are made look stupid in the end.

Stones was poor. So was Walker. But I just didn’t see confidence in the system if you could call it a system.
Lack of trust.
Nail on head! Not everyone has Ederson in net. People (Not Blues) dont realise how key he is to us playing out from the back. They think it's simple, when clearly it's not. Pickford isn't a great keeper, in fact we have no English keepers in Edersons class or even near that. Durham on TS was raging about how good Pickfords kicking is, and always has done. He mentioned it before the 1-1 last year sat our place when Walker was sent off. I decided to keep a close look on his kicking and honestly, out of about 10 punts upfield, about 6 went out of play. I watched since and hes exactly the same with his distribution. Another example of the keeper being key to this system is Czech. Fantastic keeper in his day but when it came to playing out from the back he fell to pieces. They all copy Pep now but none will get close because Pep knows a system, and more importantly knows what players can play in it unlike others, inc Southgate, who just seem to think it's all about the system.

Last edited:
Sky have now re-named John Stones as 'Manchester City defender John Stones' but Ross Barkley is still just Ross Barkley

Good, let them. He’s our player and even if he had a mare it’s our job to defend him from the unnecessary criticism. They always look for a scapegoat!!! The same cheeky fuckers who not 24 hours earlier were lobbing bottles and rioting with police. And they wanna judge MY PLAYER.... er No

I see the latest is to detail our CAS appeal as us attempting to block a CL ban ie guilty in their eyes, rather than the fact we have provided independently verified documents including a 100 page dossier which has been completely ignored therefore obliterating any chance of a fair hearing.

'City provided conflicting reports' on what? what could we possibly provide differing versions on? it winds me up to death. They should be presenting the truth and facts, not stories leaked by UEFA delegates.

Had a look at the comments section on some articles and it was full of the 'we're not English, we're dippers' nonsense. Worse though was the complete lack of irony in their outrage at European Royalty (whatever that means) being booed by opposition fans and you really don't know whether to roll over belly laughing or feel totally depressed that dozens of people are destroying the opportunity for others to have reasonable discussion with their insane posts.
To be fair the vast majority aren’t

I see the latest is to detail our CAS appeal as us attempting to block a CL ban ie guilty in their eyes, rather than the fact we have provided independently verified documents including a 100 page dossier which has been completely ignored therefore obliterating any chance of a fair hearing.

'City provided conflicting reports' on what? what could we possibly provide differing versions on? it winds me up to death. They should be presenting the truth and facts, not stories leaked by UEFA delegates.

The headline " City are squeaky clean and do not break any rules " unfortunately doesn't help the media narrative , nor keep the officials of certain teams happy in their quest to remain the beneficiaries of every advantage going in their favour.

Last edited:
Had a look at the comments section on some articles and it was full of the 'we're not English, we're dippers' nonsense. Worse though was the complete lack of irony in their outrage at European Royalty (whatever that means) being booed by opposition fans and you really don't know whether to roll over belly laughing or feel totally depressed that dozens of people are destroying the opportunity for others to have reasonable discussion with their insane posts.

In fairness European Royalty murdered lots of people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.