Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at transfermarkt.... as in value, rather than cost...so maybe I was wrong, but United are well up there... in 10th... show ponies aren't cheap and don’t maintain their value it seems.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstemannschaften/marktwertetop
This transfermarkt, Who are they?
Are they the recognised football player asset valuers?
That estimated squad value is just their opinion, but based on what?
I'm presuming a player's value is just somebody's guess.

If transfermarkt values say, Mangala at £42m, but nobody will pay the same wages as us, he's actually not worth anything.

He'll run his contract down like Gundogan said he was going to do and Milner did, and walk away for zip.
Probably most of them will, which is a problem for us and United.

Look at the Joe Hart situation.
One minute he's worth £30m to us, change of manager, high wages, lucky to get £2m.
And that's only because he didn't wait a few months for the contract to run down, but took what Burnley were offering, a massive pay cut.

United will have the same issue with most of their squad, especially Sanchez, although it won't matter much to them once this sale to the Saudi's goes through.

Liverpool and Chelsea, have proved to be 'selling' clubs, so smaller than the big two.
Players look at Liverpool as a stepping stone to a bigger club (Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho, VVD), or a final payday for a player at the end of his career (Milner).

Barcelona have the highest value squad, but where is Messi in that?
He didn't cost them anything, and he's not going anywhere, so he shouldn't have a value.
Who would know what he's worth?
You could say that about most of their squad who've come through their system.

The upshot is, that these players are only worth what someone is willing to pay, and very 'up in the air'.

Talkshite had the Newport striker on this morning and he only had good things to say. He got Silva's shirt, Guardiola spoke to him on the pitch after the game and they all went into City's dressing room after the game.

They also chatted about Foden and his opportunities and said he was doing the right thing staying at the club.
Safe to say he won't be invited on again........

If transfermarkt values say, Mangala at £42m, but nobody will pay the same wages as us, he's actually not worth anything.

He'll run his contract down like Gundogan said he was going to do and Milner did, and walk away for zip.

One minute he's worth £30m to us, change of manager, high wages, lucky to get £2m.
And that's only because he didn't wait a few months for the contract to run down, but took what Burnley were offering, a massive pay cut.

United will have the same issue with most of their squad, especially Sanchez, although it won't matter much to them once this sale to the Saudi's goes through.

Liverpool and Chelsea, have proved to be 'selling' clubs, so smaller than the big two.
Players look at Liverpool as a stepping stone to a bigger club (Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho, VVD), or a final payday for a player at the end of his career (Milner).

He didn't cost them anything, and he's not going anywhere, so he shouldn't have a value.
You could say that about most of their squad who've come through their system.

The upshot is, that these players are only worth what someone is willing to pay, and very 'up in the air'.
Sorry matey but you have grossly mis-spelt 'players who are looking to further themselves at a big club with' 'iiiiiiiiiistory to win trophies in a midfield birth (Milner)'..........

After the thick as shitness of Saunders and Harston, I'm reminded of the time we were playing a Europa League game in 2010/11 on Channel 5, and we had the "pleasure" of Chris Coleman's dulcit tones.
We had some new players, that day
Julian Lescott
Michael Richards
De Silva
Derek Boyatta

Is there something about Welsh pundits being thick as fuck (apologies to any sheep worriers on here)

Not forgetting the abortions later commentatotrs routinely made of Dzeko. Deco, Zheko, Zeko, etc.

Well I wasn't expecting that reply...

Err, ok, I have no clue on how recognized they are, but I'd say, quite a bit, you'll find many references.
It is their opinion, yes, but it's an opinion across almost every player in the world, for many many years, and done using some statistical methodology.

Mangala for the record is currently £9m . So, yes, not much compared to what we paid for him. See last quote.

yes, he may be worth zip to City if he walks away at the end of the contract, but that applies to every player. A valuation is still fine. Is nothing to do with length of contracts, or inflated fees. It's what a statistical model thinks they are worth, as a player.

Joe Hart for the record is currently £6.3m

Which is the point, it's the same for every player/team, becuase the valuation is done the same for all players/teams.
Alexis Sanchez for the record is currently £40.5m

Lionel Messi for the record is currently £144m

err? It's irrelevant whether he's (currently) not going anywhere, he still has a valuation.

A similar class of player, albeit 3 years older, moved recently...
Christian Ronaldo for the record is currently £90m

Correct, so the only way of getting a valuation and comparing them is by using a statisical model applied the same across all players.

So they have just given the football schedule on the BBC for the rest of the week on MOTD, Liverpool mentioned, final score mentioned , motd on Sat mentioned. No mention or listing of City v Shcalke.
Strange thought I, maybe they don't have the rights for it so I checked and guess what? They do!!
Gobsmacked!!
How fucking obvious is that!!

After the thick as shitness of Saunders and Harston, I'm reminded of the time we were playing a Europa League game in 2010/11 on Channel 5, and we had the "pleasure" of Chris Coleman's dulcit tones.
We had some new players, that day
Julian Lescott
Michael Richards
De Silva
Derek Boyatta

Is there something about Welsh pundits being thick as fuck (apologies to any sheep worriers on here)

There is an irony there as you have spelt Hartsons name incorrectly. Just shows lots of us can make mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.