Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen someone misread a game so badly since baconface after the Sick Swan, Martin Keown, you really are one thick c*nt, can't believe this weapons grade bellend gets paid for this shit.
You have mate - Sir Bacon after the Kompany 1-0 later that same season.........

Apparently they always attack and try to win - I must have been at a different ground :-/

It is comical. Having watched the Chelsea United, Dipper Munich and City Schalke games over the last three days I can say there is a slight difference in the commentary. United are back to their very very best with the best goalie in the world, Liverpool are the most exciting attacking team ever ever with the best goalie in the world, City are a constant source of disappointment and their goalie has weak hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...sane-manchester-city-schalke-champions-league

"recently discovered taste for letting gilt-edged situations slip." Is it 12 wins in 13? or 13 in 14? Either way? Stupid comment.

Has a go at re-opening Fruadiola.

“We’re not ready to fight for the final stages,” was his assessment and there was enough evidence to suggest that this time he was being sincere.

"City’s biggest problems screamed of recidivism." The only thing that screams recidivism is this newspapers continual luke-warm commentary of MCFC.

It's not the worst piece in the world. In fact in isolation it's fine, but when you benchmark it against Man Utd and Liverpool commentary the difference is stark.

Ian Darke and Martin Keown were shocking last night. I have rewatched the match and the amount of negative comments was unbelievable. They questioned whether we were 'up for the fight', repeatedly questioned Pep's tactics, particularly when he took Sergio off, despite neither of them ever managing / coaching at any standard. Keown repeatedly mentioned the Newcastle game, making inferences that the performance was similar, despite it being nothing of the sort. Their negativity was palpable throughout, this isn't about wanting special treatment, this is about broadcasting corporations employing commentators who are fit for purpose and not purely spouting nonsense and incorrect information. Very poor from BT, as always. Such desperation to see us fail.
My "mate" was watching a Russian stream and although in Russian, could clearly make out "Newcastle " numerous times when behind. I wonder if all of the commentators recieve a cheat sheet or if it's just a coincidence as were not often behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.