Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
And..therein,lies a real problem...
And it is a problem.god help football next season.no **** will know whats going on,and very few actually do now...altho they think they do.
Its a mess..
Think there was a pic of the real madrid VAR room the other day...itvwas empty. Lol
What happenscwhen VAR nip to the toilet,or nip out for a fag.?
Is there an assistant VAR or two to take over,lol.who will these people be? From pgmol? Or just friends of the VAR....a member of bet 365?
A bloke from the local pub?
Ben Turpin!

Everyone knew VAR wasn’t in use on Saturday, the same as it wasn’t at Newport (where penalties weren’t spotted), we didn’t make the rule.

Now Suddenly no ones ever scored an offside goal before. Tough shite, jog on.
Pretty sure city have conceded more offside goals than they have scored, and scored more that have been wrongly ruled off, but VAR not being available was probably down to the FA expecting Swansea to kick us to death, what a pity that all they have left is to pull city`s name through the mud

Pretty sure city have conceded more offside goals than they have scored, and scored more that have been wrongly ruled off, but VAR not being available was probably down to the FA expecting Swansea to kick us to death, what a pity that all they have left is to pull city`s name through the mud
It's nothing to do with the individual game. They decided at the start that it would be premier league grounds only, instead of all grounds with VAR capability (which would have included the likes of WBA, Hull, Swansea etc).

Although on that kind of thing, nothing will ever beat ITV about 35 years ago showing the Bruno/Witherspoon fight that had taken place in the early hours with the legendary introduction "And now how Frank Bruno lost his world title fight this morning, in full".

FFS.
Four of us went to Wembley for that fight without tickets, we were about to purchase them from the Box Office at £35 each (expensive nearly 33 years ago) when this “Cockney Geezer” told us tickets would be be going cheap from touts who had gambled on the demand but were struggling to get face value. He told us Wham had played their farewell concert at Wembley a couple of weeks before and tickets were going for £2. Went for a Ruby, back about half hour before the fight and it was chaos, the cheapest tickets were £100 from touts and the Box Office had sold out. Drove back to Manchester (designated driver even in those days) had a few more beers, all fell asleep and missed the TV recording shown early Sunday morning. Never knew about that introduction.

Something no one is mentioning is that the only reason our cup runs have been so easy is because we’ve payed proper respect and played a full strength squad and taken each game seriously. Cup games are completely different to league games, anything can happen.

Of course that won’t get mentioned, it’s how lucky we’ve been!

See the biased BBC bastards have thought it good to find a video from the 1983 FA Cup game at Brighton ( a 4-0 defeat). Do these twats ever stop? I for one won't be clicking on it. Seeing it first hand was bad enough.
I won’t be clicking on it either. It was bad enough being there.

Not sure if this comes under the media thread but apologies if not, but this is a fantastic watch. I only stumbled across it by accident while bored rigid by insomnia but I am glad I did. I am posting the link so others can enjoy it.

BBC football page gave us the ultimate snub today with no mention.
We were however linked by having 3 players in GCs Team of the Week.
Merely an excuse to criticise the ref 3 times despite giving our individual players their deserved accolades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.