Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it does. The pundits who comment on the games - Shearer, Giggs, Keane, Souness, all had their heyday in the 90s or before. Even Neville has been out of the game for getting on for 10 years. I agree they are out of touch, but they are history themselves.

When you look at how a lot of teams have started to play, the Pep effect is clear to see. I was interested to see how closely Spurs mirrored our tactics over three games - short goal kicks, playing out from the back, pressing etc. English football has moved on, and it is no surprise there were four English teams in the last 8 of the champions league. The pundits may be stuck in the past, but the game on the pitch has overtaken Germany and Spain.

And this is particularly true at the younger age-groups. England's youngsters are doing very well and playing some brilliant football largely due to the work going on in the City and Chelsea academies.

Yeah, you see that's the second time you quote something entirely different, and then attach my name to approving it. Stop doing that - either answer me directly or ignore me, but stop with bullshit lying approach of quoting something totally different and assuming my opinion towards it.
Now watch the game and grow up a bit
Actually I felt years younger after that - probably my second childhood beckons ;-)
I do admire your search for good in a fellow human being but that totally talentless rag Stone is an integrity free zone. May I ask if you go selectively deaf at the PCs? In the last one as he was (as usual) teaming with his swamp payroll mates Jackson & Ladyman on the 'Dirty City' smear which he then continued online - in a piece you defended. When you choose to support a city hater like Stone on here you are choosing to suck the rag sewer pipe - don't start whingeing if you don't like the taste.

Actually I felt years younger after that - probably my second childhood beckons ;-)
I do admire your search for good in a fellow human being but that totally talentless rag Stone is an integrity free zone. May I ask if you go selectively deaf at the PCs? In the last one as usual he was teaming with his swamp payroll mates Jackson & Ladyman on the 'Dirty City' smear which he then continued online - in a piece you defended. When you choose to support a city hater like Stone on here you are choosing to suck the rag sewer pipe - don't start whingeing you don't like the taste.

Sigh, I didn't. I agree entirely about Stone and said so. I did say that there was nothing wrong with that one article, and to save the outrage for his usual awful ones, that's all.

Jamie Jackson gave the following ratings in The Guardian.

Walker 4
Kompany 5
Laporte 5
Zinchenko 5

Lukaku 6
Darmian 6
Smalling 6
Shaw 6
Lindelof 7
Pogba 7
Fred 7
Pereira 7
Rashford 7
Love how he's introduced on the radio as a Manchester football correspondent and then goes on licking scums arse but on the odd minute he has to talk about us its all err...err...& choking having to talk about us.

How he keeps a job is a mystery. Him & his ilk can spout shite but in realty it's a disgrace they're given a platform.

That second piece is obviously an opinion column by a bloke called Lavelle who works at the Guardian and is a Utd fan. It's not by Hattenstone, and is broadly gracious.

Selective excerpting serves not a lot really, as the next lines are quite approving
"But no. If 35 years of hurt could be embraced with humorous self-flagellation then a few empty seats aren’t going to dent the fun. And so, to the tune of the Beautiful South’s Rotterdam, they celebrate their failure: “We’ve been to Rotterdam and Monaco, Napoli and Rome. We’ve still got empty seats! Empty seats at hooooome! Empty seats at home.
Even if United win the derby on Wednesday night City fans are sure to find something to laugh about. Because they’re made of Teflon, impervious to insults. Their ability to laugh off any well-aimed jibes may have frustrated me over the years, but I think we could all learn from their ability to not take things so seriously.”

Maybe this bit at the start:
"We’re in danger of becoming a nation of dour, po-faced haters (and self-haters). So thank the lord for Manchester City fans. And as a Man United fan I never thought I’d hear myself say that.
United have had it good for as long as I can remember. But that’s not made us better fans. Along with being renowned as an arrogant bunch we take ourselves far too seriously."

If grudging approval is something to get wound up about, then heaven help everyone when it goes bad.
Good work Miles

Is it my imagination or did Carragher just stop his banal punditry after the Sane goal and was nowhere to be seen on Sky post game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.