Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be no questions about the Cup Final. They will mention it in passing, to try to appease the guy who tries to control the presser, by saying stuff like “so Pep, you have an opportunity to win your first FA Cup this weekend, but what do you make of City fans and players singing songs about Hillsborough, the holocaust and justifying Hitler’s actions?
You are Jamie Paradise and I collect my £5 ;-)

I don’t get as wound up as some on here about the negative press as I think it’s a sign of how good we are, but this week has been a joke, we won the title on Sunday and basically it was reviewed in the media until Monday lunchtime and then that was it done with. We have then been hammered for this rest of the week, while Liverpool have been bigged up, that 50 year league table sky produced the day after we won the league showing them top said all we need to know about it all.

So after winning the league, we've assaulted Ratboy, players have sung an absolutely disgraceful song about Sean Cox ( which they haven't at all), we're getting a 1 year champs league ban and now Pep doesn't like to be away from his family and will seek a return to Spain. This league title victory has hurt these fucking parasites like no other, and the shitstorm is only just starting, imagine if we win on Saturday, going to be brilliant.
Slight correction ;-)

He is the media though.

It’s up to people like him to create the narrative of it being a great achievement.

He’s meant to be the City correspondent. Write about what a great achievement it would be rather than act like no ones bothered.

Surely it's a twitter reply from hack to hack? In that, it's just a reply agreeing with what was said - that it's being glossed over.

I’ve struggled reading or listening to podcasts since we won the league, that can’t be right. I see podcasts titles “phenomenal Liverpool” but on a positive note I’ve just listened to an absolutely fantastic podcast from the BBC, Mark Chapman & Rory Smith discussing Raheem Sterling. Well you’ll never guess but he’s not this brash “Gangsta bad boy” & he never has been. In fact he’s always been a hard working, respectful role model & he was just portrayed wrongly. A big admission about institutionalised racism & how “Black with money” is described very different to “white with money”.

Now if I was on twitter I’d like to ask Rory Smith if he swapped every reference of Black to City & every reference to white as Liverpool, do they see how they portraying our club & they can’t blame the front pages. Why is Arab wealth worse than wealth from USA & as we always knew it was bull about Raheem & it was good to hear Raheem’s mentor explain how it was ramped up by leaving the Dippers & he’s shown incredible strength to come through it.

I don’t want to make it negative, it was very good listening they are on the right track with Raheem but I don’t believe it was only the front pages as they like us to believe.

Hopefully we’ll get some honest balance reporting on City, otherwise they are going to be embarrassed in the future just like these stories about Raheem are now viewed.

For context the media used the parent of the murdered child to make Raheem look bad for having a gun tattoo & now we are seeing the brother of the Irish Liverpool fan attacked being used to make City look bad.
You'd be waiting some time for the penny to drop........

Talk Shite interviewing Kompany.

Then interviewing a Wigan player on how Wigan beat City and won the FA Cup.

I wonder if Talk Shite would have interviewed a Wimbledon or Southampton player If either Liverpool or United would be playing Watford.

Daily Mirror seems positive today, maybe City have had a chat with them fuckers too!

Yes

Most of the News Now articles from different media outlets are about the FA Cup Final, and are positive for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.