Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
MUEN online going all out on City V Watford in the FA Cup Final Tomorrow.

3-F90-B040-F4-AB-49-E9-89-D1-5944-CEB140-B1.png
I can't believe that united have given up on Wesley for
Matthijs.

Exaclty this
They’re like the nerdy kids in the corner no one wants to know. They speak little sense and wallow in their own self pity.
Anyone who comes up and talks to them gets them all ruffled and nervous so they say nothing and just blank them. Then chatter inane shit amongst themselves saying how they are above the rest of the kids, you know the normal ones who have a social life.

What irks me the most is the sense amongst them that because they write about football for a living they are therefore more intelligent and informed than your simple match going fan. There’s a group of them treating an entire fanbase with total contempt, and at times openly accusing us of being thick. Massive generalisations on the basis of a few daft comments on social media. It’s scandalous really, and they would never have the balls to do it to clubs like United, Arsenal or Liverpool. The only consolation, I guess, is that their industry is dying on its arse, and their voices are gradually becoming less and less relevant.

Read through Delaney's timeline. Seems to be the same story a group of them are writing over and over again, just taking it in turns to be the writer with others retweeting and defending the writer against any criticism.

The thing that annoys me us the desperation of the same group to turn their stories into attacks on City fans and their integrity. I've never seen anything like it before but it seems a weekly occurrence

I wouldn't have any of them at the club again. Fuck em.

Slag our supporters all you like but do it from outside our ground and our hospitality. And we should never forget which journos have nailed their colours to the City supporters are evil mast.
Irish Liverpool fan just like that other bell end Mckenna

What irks me the most is the sense amongst them that because they write about football for a living they are therefore more intelligent and informed than your simple match going fan. There’s a group of them treating an entire fanbase with total contempt, and at times openly accusing us of being thick. Massive generalisations on the basis of a few daft comments on social media. It’s scandalous really, and they would never have the balls to do it to clubs like United, Arsenal or Liverpool. The only consolation, I guess, is that their industry is dying on its arse, and their voices are gradually becoming less and less relevant.
At one time I would buy the papers, have Sky Sports and listen to a variety of podcasts.
But as each one has given a platform to some know it all yet ignorant bullying gobshite I’ve responded by just not bothering with their product. You’re right, they are dying on their arse and they don’t see it’s due to their overly partisan stance that turns off other fans. They just don’t get it, a Wolves fan wouldn’t buy another club’s fanzine so why would they listen to/read what is basically a fanzine masquerading as national journalism.
And that’s their mistake and arrogance because, as you say, they think the fans are thick, when they’re clearly not.
If you try to point out, intelligently and without abuse, their errors they just block you.
They don’t want discussion they want to talk into a vacuum with no dissenting opinions. And then they are too thick to see their own approach is killing their own papers.

I know quite a few sports journalists, one or two I even rather like - but all of them have the same belief in their innate superiority over everyone else who comments, and none of them can quite grasp that they might not be best placed to understand how they're perceived by everyone else.

Just to give a small example - our cricket blog isn't monetised in any way; we don't take advertising, we don't have sponsored posts. We do it for love. And some journalists absolutely can't get their head round why anyone would do it and not want paying, and that furthermore we must be aspiring journalists hoping for a break. When we point out that absolutely none of the four of us have the slightest interest in taking a massive pay cut they are genuinely shocked. They truly do think they're a breed apart.

Read through Delaney's timeline. Seems to be the same story a group of them are writing over and over again, just taking it in turns to be the writer with others retweeting and defending the writer against any criticism.

The thing that annoys me us the desperation of the same group to turn their stories into attacks on City fans and their integrity. I've never seen anything like it before but it seems a weekly occurrence

I wouldn't have any of them at the club again. Fuck em.

Slag our supporters all you like but do it from outside our ground and our hospitality. And we should never forget which journos have nailed their colours to the City supporters are evil mast.
There needs to be a thread, listing every one of them that has had a pop at the fans, just for questioning them or even schooling them(why shouldn't they be corrected?).

They probably think once the dust has settled it will be forgotten, as it normally does to be fair but we shouldn't allow that. They need reminding of it in the future. We rarely make notes of who said what and tend to tar them all with the same brush, which works against us.

Last edited:
What irks me the most is the sense amongst them that because they write about football for a living they are therefore more intelligent and informed than your simple match going fan. There’s a group of them treating an entire fanbase with total contempt, and at times openly accusing us of being thick.

To be fair they probably read Inverting the Pyramid so are football intelligentsia. The worst thing is you're totally scorned for supporting a team that isn't Liverpool - the more you imbibe that fan culture the more integrity you gain.

Every other fan is mocked for being partisan - as soon as you express support for a single team you instantly become blinded by tribalism so every critique of an article or opinion ,no matter how informed or well reasoned it is, is easy to dismiss as being one eyed and biased. Then they act like we're the knobs whilst they defend each other and laugh at us when we challenge them

It’s embarrassing
You have sports journalists trying to take on political issues (that they never mentioned previous to city winning stuff)in sports articles.
You have Robbie savage (yes the poor/average footballer turned poor/average commentator) trying to say the treble we haven’t actually won yet is not as good as uniteds was

The long and the short of it is they are jealous as fuck
Mourinho couldn’t stop pep and neither can klopp
Now all they have is biased petty meaningless shit articles which will be forgotten while our achievements will remain in the history books.

Sorry, obviously MacKenna is a given! Incredible really that the likes of Ogden, Castles and Jackson barely even register any more. They seem almost moderate in comparison.

Since Mourinho fucked off I've not heard a peep out of Castles except transfer gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.