Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask yourself this question blues, if you were a fan of another club, would you expect a journalist, or yourself perhaps to ask such a question after the manager wins the treble, possibly one of the highest moments of his professional career.

Is it an appropriate question for a journalist to ask? We believe in free speech don't we. We want to live in a world where the rich and powerful are held to account. I was just thinking about this, because this journalist was banned by Ferguson for asking questions in his press conferences which were hostile to Man Utd and I am just thinking whether we are just instinctively knee-jerking in response to questions asked of our own club https://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/may/24/fergie-orders-giggs-reporter-banned

Is there a blurred area between what is legitimate questioning and being respectful to a fellow person? We need a free press, but everyone needs to behave professionally and respectfully, and that goes for us as well.

Like the sun rising and setting.........Marvin is talking shit guarantee.

She's very much NOT failing, she's doing her job as instructed from on high and doing it very well. You can't honestly believe that she decides on policy?

I also doubt that Stuart Brennan would accept being the only journalist allowed in as that would just make him a PR mouthpiece, I think he's got too much pride for that.
Yeah, because serving them the best buffet in town and being really, really nice to them while they shit on our carpet has been so very successful, hasn't it. There's definitely been a real shift in the media to give us a fair deal lately. We've all noticed it.

Well the policy is failing for sure.
You can't control other people's behaviour. The individual concerned is responsible for that, and he's just dug himself as huge hole. Has he the decency to climb out of it with an apology. Just leave it up to him.

I was angry when I opened that video file and watched it, however on reflection nothing need be done on our part. The criticism was so inappropriate but brilliantly dealt with.

Even if the question was justified at the right ti.e and place he could hardly expect an answer given the current investigation.

Unless he was hoping for another story on how Pep was hiding something by not commenting or how we were disrespecting the tribunal by commenting.

It was shit stirring, nothing else.

I have absolutely nothing against Vicky Kloss and Her PR team.

I have had the privilege of meeting her.

She is very bright, articulate, clever, hard working, does a very good job in on-going difficult circumstances with the media, she is City through and through, is a City fan, and she loves the club and the fans. As a City fan she knows and understands how we all feel.

But, if I ever see another picture of any Journalist living it up, being lorded, and being treated like royalty at the Etihad again, I will explode!

It’s now the end game. We know who these Journalists are who have constantly bad mouthed Sheikh Mansour, the Club, Pep, the players, and the fans.

Our policy as a club is not to ban these Journalists, but to have a quiet word in their ear, hoping they will back off.

In that case, and it might look petty, let’s hit them with basic and punitive measures, starting with how we treat them at the Etihad.

Offer them the bare minimum of hospitality, if we have to, tell them to do their job, and then show them the exit door at the Etihad as soon as they have finished their job. Goodbye! Nothing more, nothing less.
I think at the moment we need a right **** in the position Miss Kloss holds... A **** in the image of a Piers Morgan type, who will stoop as low as these scumbag journos if needed, who will basically fight fire with fire

he basically accused pep of taking bungs I think we may hear more about that,pep at the end asked him if he was accusing him,

I think at the moment we need a right **** in the position Miss Kloss holds... A **** in the image of a Piers Morgan type, who will stoop as low as these scumbag journos if needed, who will basically fight fire with fire

Exactly this. As with the FFP play thing the more we try and appease and be nice to them the worse they get. Like all bullies they will just keep on taking and bullying until they are hit hard. Come on City gloves off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.