Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hilarious!! Clearly a deliberate decision. Every other team is in their correct league position.

I find it comical and pathetic in equal measure. It is something you would expect from a 5 year old...

I'm more entertained that they've had to quote transfermarkt as a source - a little beyond Sky to do it!

Edit: The transfermarkt one is dynamic, and Sky have obviously changed the display to neaten it up. My guess is either they've picked something which hadn't been fully updated, or they will hide behind 'alphabetical' for switching the top two. I doubt anyone here is surprised!

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned on here before,
Sky sports has an article about what all the Premier League teams have to play for this weekend, At the bottom of the page they have a graph showing where all The teams could finish the season and they’ve got Liverpool at the top of the league.

Do they do this on purpose or is it just a mistake?

I think it’s so disrespectful.

Screenshot-20190510-084734-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Martin Samuel, in trying to prove how good Pep is, has decided Pep is dealing with inferior players at City compared with Liverpool’s players.

In his combined 11, he has their entire back five, our three in midfield and Aguero for us. Salah and Mane for them.

4 out of 11.

It’s amazing we’ve conceded the same amount of goals given the fact their entire backs 5 is better than ours.
Picking the entire back 5 is a joke. It’s 2 minimum, 3 at most. Ederson, Robertson, Laporte, Van Dijk, Walker/Alexander-Arnold

Stannloy has had that lobotomy mostly reserved for ex-Livv-a-peule players, la, rendering him incapable of spouting anything other than the party line of twisted, bitter and hateful comments about our beloved Club.

Or else, he's nowt more than a 6-letter word beginning with "w" and rhyming with banker...
'****'?

Martin Samuel, in trying to prove how good Pep is, has decided Pep is dealing with inferior players at City compared with Liverpool’s players.

In his combined 11, he has their entire back five, our three in midfield and Aguero for us. Salah and Mane for them.

4 out of 11.

It’s amazing we’ve conceded the same amount of goals given the fact their entire backs 5 is better than ours.
Take the extra defensive midfielders out of the dippers' team and see how well their back 5 does compared to ours.

It survived a long time before being removed.

Not that he's bitter about it:

He's the king of defelction. I've seen a few people ask him questions, but he just brings up completely unrelated garbage. He's got nothing. We'd have heard it by now if he did. He's just trying to increase his poularity and is using something awful to achieve it. Utter cretin.

Martin Samuels is normally a decent journo when writing articles but this one in the daily fail is a cock of shit. He's goes on about if Liverpool had not dropped points against West ham (offside goal) and arsenal they would be clear in the league. What he doesn't mention IF we hadn't dropped points when winning against palace, Leicester and Newcastle and mayhez not had missed that penalty we would have been more than well clear. Matip over Leporte another joke.

Martin Samuels is normally a decent journo when writing articles but this one in the daily fail is a cock of shit. He's goes on about if Liverpool had not dropped points against West ham (offside goal) and arsenal they would be clear in the league. What he doesn't mention IF we hadn't dropped points when winning against palace, Leicester and Newcastle and mayhez not had missed that penalty we would have been more than well clear. Matip over Leporte another joke.
Not to mention the freak opposition keeper mistakes that have gifted them points.

4 out of 11.

Keepers aren't too far apart - Allison has probably made more errors. Same clean sheets, same goals conceded. Also, Samuel has Ederson in goal, not Allison, so not the Liverpool back 5.
Defence - Walker had a period of dross. Laporte's partner has varied. I think van Dijk and Robertson are unarguable, but Laporte should be there. Alexander-Arnold shows up more in attack. Samuel notes that Matip over Laporte was close.

Sterling has been picked in midfield, which looks like an acceptance that he needs to be there. A cop out though!

Seems pretty reasonable to me, with only a couple of arguments. Some of it is the effect of Liverpool having a starting 11, and City rotating more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.