Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What that tells me is that there is not a single journalist who is interested in the merits of the charges against us.

Perhaps some journalists do not understand the issues involved in the charges. Perhaps others are not interested in whether we are actually guilty or not. Perhaps both. We all knew that there were some journalists whose output was driven solely by clicks. These are the hacks who would not write a story that was unlikely to drive clicks but had journalistic merit.

I didn’t realise that was all of them. Every single one of them.
It’s that desperate need to find us guilty.

We all love to see our supposed challengers struggling, it’s no different here. The media keep it simple. United/liverpool/arse make up a huge subscription base. So why report a balanced piece on city? That particular tribal fan is not interested.

Instead they want to read about how we have cheated and what possible outcomes is expected…relegation and title stripping.

It’s no wonder the outrage hit nuclear heights once CAS cleared the club. If you only want to believe one version and the media only go so far as to confirm said version then mass hysteria is the result.

Let them keep their version of events while their owners continue to fleece them. In the real world based on no evidence and on the high threshold needed to prove guilt city are not in danger.

The more I think about it the more bizarre it is.

I get where the clicks and the revenue lie, and the imperative for a story, but even so, given there is literally no evidence in the public domain, and thereby no leaks of any such evidence, that no journalist has chanced their arm even to raise it as a point (which has to be valid in the circumstances) is mental.

It can’t be because the whole of the profession knows something we don’t - that suggestion doesn’t withstand any logical scrutiny.

It’s not even that someone needs to paint themselves into a corner. Simply questioning it does not amount to a defence of City, but rather subjecting the process to a level of scrutiny commensurate with the public interest.

No journalist need nail their colours to the mast for fear of it being career ending or even damaging - they simply need to substantively raise the evidential basis for these charges at this stage given there is currently none in circulation - especially given the passage of so much time.

Last edited:
They say we’ll be cleared because of our ‘legal team’ (wank expression) exploiting ‘loopholes’ (another wank expression in the circumstances).

It’s astonishing (or rather should be) that none of these articles (or certainly none that I’ve seen) ever contemplate or posit that we may possibly be cleared simply because there is no meaningful evidence, despite the fact there isn’t any whatsoever in public circulation. None. Unless you count the doctored Der Spiegel emails, which speak for themselves.

There is literally nothing whatsoever in circulation that remotely points to the charges even constituting a case to answer - and yet I have not seen a single article that raises that as an issue. Not one.

I actually haven’t seen a single article that has questioned that, which means that the whole of the MSM appears to accept the charges as being meritorious without even knowing a single thing about their substance or merit.

You think one journalist might have even raised it as an ancillary point at the very least.

Incredible really.
Why would they, when regurgitating the same crap makes them easy clickbait. Releasing it after we've had all 5 trophies on the pitch has generated more.

It’s that desperate need to find us guilty.

We all love to see our supposed challengers struggling, it’s no different here. The media keep it simple. United/liverpool/arse make up a huge subscription base. So why report a balanced piece on city? That particular tribal fan is not interested.

Instead they want to read about how we have cheated and what possible outcomes is expected…relegation and title stripping.

It’s no wonder the outrage hit nuclear heights once CAS cleared the club. If you only want to believe one version and the media only go so far as to confirm said version then mass hysteria is the result.

Let them keep their version of events while their owners continue to fleece them. In the real world based on no evidence and on the high threshold needed to prove guilt city are not in danger.
And that is why the pen is mightier than the sword.

Probably Off Topic but relevant in the discussion about journalism so bare with me. John Pilger's death was announced yesterday, an incredible heavyweight of the profession, he publicised the Khmer Rouge's genocide in Cambodia and was very critical of the us in Vietnam. He presented documentaries on ITV back when people gave a shit about public service broadcasting.

I'll leave you with a Pilger quote, it's diametrically opposite where churnalism is now:

"Journalism is nothing if it's not about humanity - it has to be about people's lives."

Can anyone explain to me how the fuck is Clinton Morrison a pundit?

Just watching Soccer Special now and he can hardly get his words out and when he finally does it's just gibberish.

Mind you he's sat next to Paul Merson and Jamie Mackie who are almost as both as bad.

Merson "there's nuffink in this match"

Presenter - "Who scored Paul?"

Merson "The striker lad whose name I can't pronounce"

And Mackie sounds like a high pitched Danny Dyer

Honestly my 10 year lad can speak more eloquently than those 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.