Media Discussion - 2023/24

What deressses me is how, even after the CAS verdict, not one of the papers questioned the legitimacy of UEFA's original two year ban.

If CAS had only - and I'm going by the MSM's flawed analysis here - proven at the very least eight of the thirteen charges to be lacking sufficient eveidence, how did UEFA arive at such a heavy punishment? On what grounds did they act? What were the motives behind it? Who benefitted? If David Conn could (in my opinion) cast aspersions uopn the judges at CAS, how come not one journalist could question the ethics of the five people on UEFA's disciplinary panel.

Even by the standards of what they themselves are admitting to be true, the level of multi-club corruption thatvwas afoot there is a far bigger story than tiresomely scapegoating one club, over and over.

Why they chose to go down the path they did, only they know but I have my own suspicions and none of them reflect well upon them as people.

Someone should show him the stats. put on here a few weeks ago showing the premier league champions if City and Chelsea hadn’t won. From memory u*i**d would have won it 7 times on the trot. How boring would that have been?
Mind you hope we win it 7 times on the trot to really stick it to the biased fawning t*ats
United’s 7 in a row would have been reported differently though because they did it without spending money and playing the beautiful game the United way

What deressses me is how, even after the CAS verdict, not one of the papers questioned the legitimacy of UEFA's original two year ban.

If CAS had only - and I'm going by the MSM's flawed analysis here - proven at the very least eight of the thirteen charges to be lacking sufficient eveidence, how did UEFA arive at such a heavy punishment? On what grounds did they act? What were the motives behind it? Who benefitted? If David Conn could (in my opinion) cast aspersions uopn the judges at CAS, how come not one journalist could question the ethics of the five people on UEFA's disciplinary panel.

Even by the standards of what they themselves are admitting to be true, the level of multi-club corruption thatvwas afoot there is a far bigger story than tiresomely scapegoating one club, over and over.

Why they chose to go down the path they did, only they know but I have my own suspicions and none of them reflect well upon them as people.

Not a peep from anyone in the media with a governing body setting out to destroy a football club because the rest of Europe are jealous of how City are run. Compare and contrast to the situation where ticketless Liverpool supporters turned up to the champions league final in 2022 and caused the game to delayed. Uefa were corrupt and not fit for purpose on that occasion.

The Daily Fail are back to their unwavering worst again this morning. The shameless shills have the rags as 6 of their top 8 fables this morning. Click, plastic, click rag plastic, click, click, click. I have grabbed the shite so no Blue needs to add to their clickometer. Fucking wankers.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-03 081751.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 081751.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 171
One of the things about modern journalism that I truly despise is the way many of them hide behind ‘confidential sources’ to spread lies. They know there is no meaningful way of challenging what they are saying, because of that putative confidentiality. It’s especially sad because sources used to be a necessary and effective journalistic tool and no sports journalist of yesteryear would have considered abusing or subverting that part of their professional operation in that way.
Agree. Thing is, IF they do have a confidential source leaking info then it proves we’re well within our rights to ‘not cooperate’ with the PL as anything we provided would leak.
They’re either too stupid, or being deliberately disingenuous, our outright liars. Then again they’re probably all 3.

So because now i think they are doomed to failure they are trying to push the tagline that we only got off because we could hire the best lawyers and it wasnt a fair fight.

Two things are wrong with this scenario, firstly the pl have more than enough funds to hire anyone they want IF they believed their case had merit and secondly top lawyers are not prone to taking cases that they dont believe they have a fair to good chance of winning, if they took on losers ad nauseum it would cause them massive reputational damage and they wouldnt be top lawyers for very long.

But isn't this a case of two neighbours fighting over a hedge, more money than sense and the lawyers will get their fee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.