Media Discussion - 2023/24

Master's has quickly earned himself a reputation as a buffoon in many quarters - he is a man without conviction or class - he is a quisling doing other peoples dirty work... and it isn't a good look.
Masters seems to be doing his best to destroy the Premier League’s brand. He is attacking the people who invest in PL clubs with his absurd FFP crusade. Not just City either. Why should Newcastle or Everton not be allowed to grow. Merseyside and the North East can’t afford to turn away investment. It is pure madness.

Which can only be good news for us.

I wouldn't be so quick to think an independent regulator will good for us.

Like everything with this government they are policy and detail light and everything is for a quick headline.

Plenty of Islamaphobes in positions of power too.

They've jumped in to try and stop Sheikh Mansours part purchase of The Telegraph based on very little other than they think a foreign owner will be bad for journalists - they're ok with Murdoch and other non-dom tax avoiders though.

I wouldn't be so quick to think an independent regulator will good for us.

Like everything with this government they are policy and detail light and everything is for a quick headline.

Plenty of Islamaphobes in positions of power too.

They've jumped in to try and stop Sheikh Mansours part purchase of The Telegraph based on very little other than they think a foreign owner will be bad for journalists - they're ok with Murdoch and other non-dom tax avoiders though.
You are right. Most regulators in the UK are useless but hopefully they won’t be corrupt and biased like UEFA, FIFA, and the PL.

They are probably suing us, rather than Asahi, because we've used it on clothing.

Superdry will have a trademark for clothing, but probably not one for drinks (although some brands do have wider trademarks).
Yep - it all depends on what categories are included in the trade mark.
As they have gone legal, it does suggest they have the category for
drinks included. I'm pretty sure the club would be able to
pass on any liability to the Asahi as it is their trademark infringement,
not theirs.
Might get interesting though...

Yep - it all depends on what categories are included in the trade mark.
As they have gone legal, it does suggest they have the category for
drinks included. I'm pretty sure the club would be able to
pass on any liability to the Asahi as it is their trademark infringement,
not theirs.
Might get interesting though...
I don't think they need the drink category.

I think they're going after City rather than Asahi, because we're selling clothing with Super Dry written on it. So Asahi might not have infringed their trademark ,whereas City *may* have.

Ww actually haven't – we've only used their logo on clothing.
By "their logo", do you mean Asahi?

I'm not an expert on this, but I think the point is that Asahi may be able to get away with a drink that used the word "super dry", but if Asahi used it on clothing then they'd be infringing Super Dry's trademark. As City are doing that, then City *may* be the ones that have an issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.