Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be so quick to think an independent regulator will good for us.

Like everything with this government they are policy and detail light and everything is for a quick headline.

Plenty of Islamaphobes in positions of power too.

They've jumped in to try and stop Sheikh Mansours part purchase of The Telegraph based on very little other than they think a foreign owner will be bad for journalists - they're ok with Murdoch and other non-dom tax avoiders though.
A UK "independent" regulator would be the death knell of the EPL!

It is a self destruct button!

Its rules and race to the bottom ensure that the EPL top clubs would be curtailed in attracting the best foreign talent to these shores. We would be back to the 80's and 90's whereby the best talent would go to the countries who would not impose similar restrictions.

Be careful what you wish for! This is a Golden period in the English game!

A UK "independent" regulator would be the death knell of the EPL!

It is a self destruct button!

Its rules and race to the bottom ensure that the EPL top clubs would be curtailed in attracting the best foreign talent to these shores. We would be back to the 80's and 90's whereby the best talent would go to the countries who would not impose similar restrictions.

Be careful what you wish for! This is a Golden period in the English game!
You are correct. Despite the constant media claims that: "City are ruining football" and foreign investment is not to be welcomed the sport has never been stronger. Football is booming at all levels. Attendances in the lower leagues and non leagues are huge. Bolton Wanderers average gate in the third tier this season is 21,000 and Derby County are averaging 26,000 in the same division.

Having watched the series Mr Bates v The Post Office, the last thing football needs is an independent regulator. That said, if the alternative is Richard Masters, approved by united and liverpool separately from any other football club, i say bring on an independent regulator.

Reactions: PPT
You are correct. Despite the constant media claims that: "City are ruining football" and foreign investment is not to be welcomed the sport has never been stronger. Football is booming at all levels. Attendances in the lower leagues and non leagues are huge. Bolton Wanderers average gate in the third tier this season is 21,000 and Derby County are averaging 26,000 in the same division.
To be honest there's fuck all else to do in either. Get drunk, watch "football", shag sheep/sister.

I don't think they need the drink category.

I think they're going after City rather than Asahi, because we're selling clothing with Super Dry written on it. So Asahi might not have infringed their trademark ,whereas City *may* have.
Not sure it works like that. City are only retailers of the product. The manufacturer (Asahi) who are the suppliers have infringed the trade mark. The consequential liability lies with them I would think.

Not sure it works like that. City are only retailers of the product. The manufacturer (Asahi) who are the suppliers have infringed the trade mark. The consequential liability lies with them I would think.
But let's not get in the way of a "journalist" with an agenda...

But let's not that get in the way of a "journalist" with an agenda...
Exactly this. With Super Dry knowing full well that going after City will generate huge publicity for them. Super Dry the clothing company is currently a basket case. They pissed money away like you can’t imagine. I was involved in a deal where they bought 33 Morgan cars (the 3 wheel version) to put one in each of their UK stores as a marketing prop a good few years ago for no apparent reason. Morgan couldn’t believe their luck. Charged them a ridiculous price and they didn’t bat an eyelid. This is more about publicity for them than anything else. Super Dry have passed themselves off as being Japanese since they started. Now a real Japanese business has taken the ‘Super Dry’ moniker and it’s all kicked off.

What a **** Tyldesley is. Lee Dixon bemoans the decision to scrap FA Cup replays from next season and Tyldesley replies that some of the best goals in FA Cup history have been scored in replays and out of all the goals he could’ve mentioned he picks Ricky Villa’s to illustrate his point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.