Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sublime bit of business..........
To prove that statement to be true, they would have had to analyse every minute of every Premier League game played this season (I'm assuming this season as I'm not clicking on the article). That's around 900 hours. I think it's made up bollox myself but I'm not prepared to put in the research to prove it!!!

I mean, this goes beyond fucking bonkers but here's an article about how winning less trophies is better and therefore the best club to support is, surprise surprise, Liverpool.
Terribly written so hard to be sure but i think that's a piss-take

The staggering aspect is people listen to the station in the first place when they know that what is being discussed is scripted to a degree with producers in the presenters ears steering the conversation.
Why anybody would want to waste valuable time in life being force fed content that even those forcing it don’t believe is beyond me.
You can amplify that x10 if you’re a blue as our club gets the shitty stick every single time, that is when they’re not ignoring our achievements.
Then the loons come straight on here and repeat the shit they've heard..

Bloody hell apparently they were debating on Talksport last night that if Liverpool won four trophies this season it would be better than City’s treble. Strap yourself in the levels of Scouse delusion will be off the chart till May, how disrespectful they are crowning themselves champions when we are breathing down their necks in the league and 18 games to play for us. They never learn.

I have spoken with the UEFA President about an issue that arose during the last UEFA Executive Committee meeting in Hamburg. It relates to amendments to the UEFA Statutes which are to be voted on at the next UEFA Congress which is in Paris next month. Proposed changes, if approved, will allow the UEFA President to stand to be elected again after his current mandate, which according to the current UEFA Statutes should have been the UEFA's President's last.
Despite having expressed my deepest concern and total disapproval, the UEFA President does not consider there to be any legal issues with the proposed changes, let alone any moral or ethical ones, and he intends to move forward regardless in pursuit of his personal aspirations.
Ironically, it was the UEFA President himself that proposed and launched a set of reforms in 2017 which were introduced to prevent such a possibility. These rules were designed to protect UEFA and European football from the
'bad governance' which for years had unfortunately been the 'modus operandi of what is often referred to as the 'old system' of football governance. The reforms were to football's great credit, and that of the UEFA President. His shift away from these values is beyond comprehension.
I fully appreciate that nothing is ideal, let alone myself, and at times compromises may be necessary. However, being party to this would go against all the principles and values I wholeheartedly believe in and stand for. I am not trying to be some sort of hero, especially as I am not alone in my thinking here.
During the past 3 years, my relationship and collaboration with the UEFA President, and all my colleagues at UEFA, has been excellent. I am thankful for this, and I wish them all the best.
It is with sorrow, and a heavy heart, I have no option but to leave UEFA.

Zvonimir Boban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.