Media Discussion - 2023/24

This from a BBC article on Klopp:

“Liverpool won a domestic cup double in the 2021-22 season, and narrowly missed out on a quadruple as they were pipped by Manchester City on the final day of the Premier League season and lost the Champions League final to Real Madrid in Paris.”

Narrowly missed out on a quadruple? They won two domestic trophies that are ranked 3rd and 4th, still decent cups to win but ffs, the Premier League and CL trump those by a country mile.

They also had an unbelievably easy route in the knockout stages, a poor Inter, Benfica and Villarreal to reach the final. We got hardly any recognition for dismantling Bayern and Real Madrid last season, we pumped them both big time.

After watching the documentary on Pep, even if it was on bbc, how can any fan argue that this guy, after Johan cruyff is the greatest manager.
He's changed football at a grass roots level.
Now Billie's under 9 team down the park just get out the cheque book when they want to entice that kid from saint Cuthberts down the road. And Mr Patel from the local newsagent, who sponsors them, has been fiddling his mars bars sales to over inflate the sponsorship revenue. All down to pep and City that. ;)
Seriously though the man's a genius, and it's sad the bitter twats can't see that.

This from a BBC article on Klopp:

“Liverpool won a domestic cup double in the 2021-22 season, and narrowly missed out on a quadruple as they were pipped by Manchester City on the final day of the Premier League season and lost the Champions League final to Real Madrid in Paris.”

Narrowly missed out on a quadruple? They won two domestic trophies that are ranked 3rd and 4th, still decent cups to win but ffs, the Premier League and CL trump those by a country mile.

They also had an unbelievably easy route in the knockout stages, a poor Inter, Benfica and Villarreal to reach the final. We got hardly any recognition for dismantling Bayern and Real Madrid last season, we pumped them both big time.

Weren't the two domestic cups won by penalty shots out after two crap 0-0 finals ?

Weren't the two domestic cups won by penalty shots out after two crap 0-0 finals ?
Yep, and they failed to score in the CL final against Real, 2 trophies on penalty shoot outs and I seem to remember Chelsea having a goal dubiously chalked off in one of the finals but could be wrong on that.

The reason I turned the sound off and listened to City+
I listen on the City website and watch the puctures when we're on TV.
It takes a little bit of 'synching'(is that a word?) I think I had to pause the TV for a second so my phone could catch up. Much better listening experience .Andy Morrison (who is always fair and objective and to the point ) trying to hide his disgust when another Spurs player rolled around on the floor holding his head when he been 'nudged' was quite amusing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.