Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention for Bob Paisley who won 20 major honours for LFC in nine years (same time as Klopp) including six league titles, three European Cups, one UEFA Cup, and three League Cups. Klopp's record is pitiful compared to Paisley. I was privileged to meet him once and, unlike Klopp, Paisley was total class. The modern day sports media has become a laughing stock. I realise this is a different era but to put it into context Pep's record at City is nowhere near Paisley's record at Liverpool.
Yea but in paisley's era it was a lot easier.
Just take a step back and look at what peps been up against.
I've said it once and I'll say it again..
Imagine it was all fair in peps era , we'd be like the harlem globetrotters.
Also teams around us in this era are a lot harder to beat.
A lot.

A lot.
Both very good points paisley red scousers best manager by far for me and pep well I’d go as far to say not only a very good manager but changed football in England especially but the UK overall WOW..

Last edited:
It sells papers. Especially in Oslo, Norway, Ireland, Wales, London & the Home Counties, etc.
Good point, media are just taking advantage of the weird cult knowing they will be buying everything and anything for memorabilia including pull out posters.

A lot.
There were plenty of great teams across Europe in the 70s and 80s. Dutch and Italian football was strong, Bayern had their best team, Real Madrid were still dominant. You can’t underestimate what Paisley achieved.
I believe football has got stronger with higher fitness levels etc but you can’t dismiss the Liverpool team of the 70s and 80s which was a better team than anything produced by Klopp.

If they win the Mickey Mouse quad. And let’s face they’ll be helped all the way now. I can see him grabbing the mic on the pitch at the end of the last game to announce he’s staying like Mike Bassett. I don’t trust a word that comes out of his goofy fuckin gob!

There were plenty of great teams across Europe in the 70s and 80s. Dutch and Italian football was strong, Bayern had their best team, Real Madrid were still dominant. You can’t underestimate what Paisley achieved.
I believe football has got stronger with higher fitness levels etc but you can’t dismiss the Liverpool team of the 70s and 80s which was a better team than anything produced by Klopp.
I agree with you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.