Media Discussion - 2023/24

Strange last sentence! Pep’s record is nowhere near Paisley’s!!!!!
Pep still has this season and next season to win one league title to equal Paisley’s 6, already has more league cups and F.A. cups
and has won the Champions League as well as a losing finalist. He has 2 more attempts at the Champions League before reaching the 9 year timeframe.
Pep has done all this in an era where the Premier League is far more competitive/ difficult to win as is the revamped Champions League. But for some extremely questionable refereeing decisions we might well have progressed to more CL finals.
In my opinion, Pep’s record at City already outweighs Paisley’s record. Not to mention the fact that he’s also influenced how the game is played in England.
Then there’s the little matter of winning a domestic treble in one of those seasons and the ‘real treble’ last season- both remarkable achievements. I don’t think the domestic treble has been done before!
If you want questionable reffing decisions, then you can't beat the way Leeds were cheated in the final against Munich. Two penalties denied, a goal ruled offside, although they were lucky Yorath wasn't sent off. Questionable refereeing decisions have always been with us.

Why? Spurs were in it until the end and that's always a worry when we aren't taking the chances we should. Remember the Middlesbrough game a few years back, they didn't have a shot on goal and won with a Sun Jihai (sp) own goal.
They created 1 shot all game, that's why, one shot.

That game isn't even close to being a good example of a team being in it, either.

Pep is a much better coach than Paisley and is the best ever in my view. The point I am making is that Paisleys record in just nine years is fantastic and even Pep has not surpassed his trophies in English football yet. Pep has done it in England, Germany, and Spain so is levels above Paisley as a Manager. But Klopp is nowhere near Paisley in English football.
It would be churlish to deny that Paisley is one of the greats, but didn't he spend most of his career at Liverpool and was part of what they called 'the boot room', whereas Pep came to us with very little experience of English football. Two great managers from two different time periods, personally I'm going to leave the bickering about who is best to the dippers.

Honestly didn't realise Werner was playing until Walker out sprinted him on about 80 mins
I was actually quite pissed with Kyle about that. I wonder whether he had a bet with someone. He looked at Werner and didn't start running back immediately almost like 'yeah, yeah, I'll be there in my own time. you're going nowhere'.

No mention for Bob Paisley who won 20 major honours for LFC in nine years (same time as Klopp) including six league titles, three European Cups, one UEFA Cup, and three League Cups. Klopp's record is pitiful compared to Paisley. I was privileged to meet him once and, unlike Klopp, Paisley was total class. The modern day sports media has become a laughing stock. I realise this is a different era but to put it into context Pep's record at City is nowhere near Paisley's record at Liverpool.
Paisley also won the league as a player with Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.