Media Discussion - 2023/24

“ It is a little overlooked but there is a perfect fit between the Guardiola style, which is about control first of all, mastering the ball, destroying the variables that might bring defeat and the billionaire-ball model of City’s nation-state owners, which also involves creating a structure of such impenetrable wealth that its aim is to remove the possibility of defeat”
Above is another quote from Barmy Ronay’s Guardian article.
In summary it’s a load of pretentious waffle, slipping in the City bingo nation state falsehood and the conclusion quoted above seems to be critical of the fact that Pep does a great job with the team and the executive board do a great job administering the business.
Ronay just can't get himself to use the name of Sheikh Mansour. The ownership of our club is clear and neither EUFA or even Der Spiegl have ever accused us of beng "owned by a nation state." In fact we are currently accused by the PL of using personal funds from Sheikh Mansour to top up our sponsorships. This would not be possible if we were "owned by Abu Dhabi."
It is dehumanising to continue not to use Sheikh Mansour's name. Apparently his personal money, which he invests all over the world,can't be his. The inference is that you can't seperate Sheikh Mansour from his nation of birth and to use a racist trope: "All arabs are the same." Ronay knows precisely what he is doing just as he did when he described Newcastle's owners as "a row of grinning beards."

Last edited:
The Guardian.. What does a double-treble say about the health of football?

I'm not clicking that link - the guys a fucking loon. There's enough loon in my life without him. All i know is that ONLY when we've done a double treble will we be considered a great team - as the goal posts continue to shift every season.

Just to get this right, there’s a problem with being good?
There was never a problem when the rags were winning 13 of the first 21 Premier League titles. Those same media cockroaches were bigging them up as the greatest team ever and never any mention of it being "bad for football".

WView attachment 106654hat in the actual fuck is this, do they just shoehorn it into any article now?
Unless I’m reading it wrong they are also hinting that if someone does that bet and the allegations were proven they wouldn’t possibly pay out,how would having a bet regardless on this affect anything regards getting paid out,fucking bunch of cnuts awful odds anyhow..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.