Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In stark contrast to the ever tiresome Sweeney, does anyone know what’s happened to the boys at the Grauniad? Time was when either Barney or one of the Jonathans would have responded to a day like yesterday with a blizzard of “asterixes”, “lack of jeopardys” or “sportswashing projects”. Indeed up until about 2 months ago, that was their default setting for any City victory, be it against Luton or Liverpool.
Have they been warned off by the club’s lawyers or by their own editors or does something else lie behind their apparent volte face? Have they been given insider info that we’re looking at a “not guilty” verdict and are pre-emptively distancing themselves from their erstwhile opinions or, conversely, have they decided to keep shtum for fear of jeopardising the PL’s case?
I could have understood a toning down, but they’ve gone from constant sniping to barely a dissenting voice these last few weeks……

@tolmie's hairdoo - any thoughts mate?
Maybe they've started to note the demographic swing towards a higher proportion of City-supporting teenagers and young students?

That's always been my theory about when the media will change their tune. I mean why slag-off City if it starts to affect your profit margin?

just heard danny kelly yep i know talkshite but it's laugh a minute. it's so not fair now city played injury hit luton at this time of the season so i suggest as solution teams now ring city during the the week and arrange wekend fixture when team are full strenght and give others a chance

just heard danny kelly yep i know talkshite but it's laugh a minute. it's so not fair now city played injury hit luton at this time of the season so i suggest as solution teams now ring city during the the week and arrange wekend fixture when team are full strenght and give others a chance
What a load of Talkshite shite. Luton played away at Arsenal on 3rd April while Liverpool played at home to the worst team in the PL Sheffield United the following day.

Eamonn Sweeney​

Eamonn Sweeney

Eamonn Sweeney is a journalist for Mediahuis Ireland covering the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent.

-------------------------

The hills have eyes can be dismissed as having a definite bias.
Harry Hill's uglier brother.

I live in Ireland and the only time i've ever heard of Sweeney is from retweets from City fans of the nonsense that he writes.
A nobody
Thats what i said, as I am also in Ireland and the only time i hear him mentioned is on here. The comments on the twitter article says alot of what those you have actually heard of him here think of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.