Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean we are fucked this weekend.
As for strange decisions I've seen Burnley and Sheff utd already take a few.
But I agree, the Premier league will be shit scared of Everton and/or Forest going down.
It's a right old shit show this season isn't it.
it is, and its the PL own making

So does this mean we are fucked this weekend.
As for strange decisions I've seen Burnley and Sheff utd already take a few.
But I agree, the Premier league will be shit scared of Everton and/or Forest going down.
It's a right old shit show this season isn't it.
And we can't rest by denying them entry into our penalty area, we might break another record this weekend being the only side to have a penalty awarded for a foul inside the centre circle.

When Liverpool call out a dodgy VAR call, all hell breaks loose.
The audio tapes are demanded and handed over immediately.
Howard Webb comes out and publicly apologises on TV. A written apology
is issued. The media are absolutely up in arms about it.
Forest call out VAR and they are accused of 'questioning the integrity of the officials'.
Martin Samuel does a full blown article, telling everyone that Forest cannot
be allowed to 'damage the game'.
Absolutely fucking laughable. But that is what happens when you are a 'small club'
in today's Premier League. It stinks to high heaven and all the way back.

When Liverpool callled out dodgy VAR and talked about a replay they were mocked throughout the media.

It's also a pretty unique situation, with PGMoL admitting almost immediately that they'd made a total fuck up. Not any kind of subjective decision that people didn't agree with, but a genuine fuck up, where they'd made one decision, but passed on another. In those circumstances, I think it's fair that they released the audio to explain just how it could happen.

With Forest, they're just going to get the an "I don't see enough there", or "not enough to overturn", which is completely different level.

Forest have played a good hand badly. Question the Mike Dean looking after mates approach, that’s fair game and also question if the hierarchy got in the way, ie Alty is widely seen as number two ranked official in England behind Oliver, Twatwell is seen as middle ranking bellend. Did that stop him intervening? questioning him being a Luton fan was stupid. He’s probably a closet rag or dipper anyway.

When Liverpool callled out dodgy VAR and talked about a replay they were mocked throughout the media.

It's also a pretty unique situation, with PGMoL admitting almost immediately that they'd made a total fuck up. Not any kind of subjective decision that people didn't agree with, but a genuine fuck up, where they'd made one decision, but passed on another. In those circumstances, I think it's fair that they released the audio to explain just how it could happen.

With Forest, they're just going to get the an "I don't see enough there", or "not enough to overturn", which is completely different level.
Liverpool are rarely if ever mocked by the media…

They were good decisions apart from the last one yes Twatwell is a terrible ref but come on he’s no cheat. Stupid from Forest and clearly knee jerk after losing against a relegation rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.