Media Discussion - 2023/24

I had the displeasure of stumbling across that Liew article this morning. Amongst the deluge of inflammatory nonsense littered throughout, this paragraph caught my eye:

"There is a school of thought out there that City is a club driven by grudges and enmities, fuelled by antagonism and spoiling for scraps at any opportunity. Perhaps this is true at a boardroom level, or on the wild frontiers of the internet, where City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated."

Sadly Liew is too much of a coward to allow comments on the article, but we all know he and his peers can't stay off Bluemoon...

I don't know any City fan that's desperate to be hated, we don't need to be, it is evidence enough when we scroll through social media passing multiple posts obsessing about our attendances, or read a once credible newspaper, as it criticises the conduct of our supporters.

Liew and his peers seem determined to somehow try to undermine City's achievements in order to placate their partisan readership, but their influence is minimal and their short-sightedness is wildly missing the bigger picture. Football is a global game and City are the hottest ticket in town. Note the comments of recent City Group youth signing, American teenager Cavan Sullivan "I always watch Man City. They're like every kid's dream team." Liew and co, read that and drink it in...
The ‘school of thought out there’ part is a dishonest and pitiful attempt to attribute that viewpoint to a third party.

Why does Liew even cover football? Had a quick scan through his history and he just seems to hatewatch the PL.

Another one of his hard hitting pieces ignores the fact that driven men/managers don't even think about the work/life balance like women do. Choices are choices.

But he writes for a comic like the guardian.

Another one of his hard hitting pieces ignores the fact that driven men/managers don't even think about the work/life balance like women do. Choices are choices.

But he writes for a comic like the guardian.

That is 100% Guardian material. I'm guessing they site 'Wellbeing' in the article somewhere as well. The yogurt knitters will love it.

That is 100% Guardian material. I'm guessing they site 'Wellbeing' in the article somewhere as well. The yogurt knitters will love it.

I'm surprised they didn't mention that she could have worked from home, no football manager should have to commute 5 miles and leave their children with a spouse or childminder.

It's 2024 FFS :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.