Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely comment on this thread - too much paranoia, particularly about things like Ally McCoist's commentary, but I've just caught up on the Jonathan Liew article.

It's sheer poison. And clever. What City fan could read this

"There is a school of thought out there that City is a club driven by grudges and enmities, fuelled by antagonism and spoiling for scraps at any opportunity. Perhaps this is true at a boardroom level, or on the wild frontiers of the internet, where City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated."

and not scream that that's the sort of crap that shows that the "slights" are not "illusory"!

John Crace though really is funny (in a piece about Spurs fans not wanting to hand Arsenal the title) and the matchday thread suggests there's some truth in this:

"City are also a hard team to love these days. They and their supporters have changed from the perennial underdogs of 15 years ago. They have become bloated on the success bought with petrodollars. They have lost their charm. Become just another footballing mega corp. They now think they deserve what they have got. Sad, really."

I don't think it is true, but I'm sure part of wanting more and more success is because every achievement is diminished by "they're not a great team until ..." and they don't like it when we then do it.

I find the comments like John Crace above to be very odd. It appears it's ok to love our club and have a laugh at us if we're underdogs and winning nothing. As for us becoming a footballing mega corps, the whole of football is heading down that road, so don't pin that only on us - and you only have to look at the clowns across town to see how a supposed 'mega club' has been managed by their owners. And that's the difference, we have a top quality management team in place, have had a very clear plan, followed it and then spent our money wisely, unlike many others who have made crap decisions, blown their cash and now woman and moan at us.

Having followed us for 55 years now, I am not bloated on success. Far from it, in fact 'typical city' is probably in-grained in a lot of us FOC's.....I expect nothing and I'm very happy when we win things. You look back at some of the cock-ups we've had in our past and maybe you do miss some of that chaos and self-depreciating humour. I enjoy this period like you wouldn't believe but I also know we're only as good as our last game. It could all end tomorrow. So yes John, I do think City deserve everything we've got - our club, management and players have changed the way football is played in this country. So just for once acknowledge the fact our club is run pretty well.

I actually sent her an email which she replied to, stating freedom of speech and all that old shite, she abused us big time, it was a good few years ago.

Looks like a toddler cut her hair while she was asleep too.

Marina-Hyde.jpg

Marina Hyde wrote a shocking article about us a few years ago, won’t ever read her crap.
For some reason Spotify has been downloading pods I haven't subscribed to. One of them is Marina Hyde and some other guardian Muppet, who I keep deleting but it keeps turning up. This morning while reading posts I realised the irritating background noise was her colleague burbling some nonsense about dangerous roads being dangerous for poor drivers but not dangerous if you're a good driver. I deleted the pod at that moment so don't know if he followed up with any pearls of wisdom explaining his reasons for thinking anyone is safe from some idiot committing a lunatic act behind the wheel, however good a driver they are. I'm just praying that's the last I hear from those two morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.