Media Discussion - 2023/24

“Validation”

I’m seeing this word pop up more and more recently so the question is does anyone seek “validation” for all the success we have had (and continue to have)?

Does having 2180 pages on what the media are saying about us show that we do deep down seek validation?

Whether it’s human nature or a British mentality, people just don’t like anyone being at the top.

I could create an anti city bingo of what people come out with, we could even create a weekly game similar from anything written in the media to on social media and we would all get full houses each week.

When they can’t critique the performances they call it boring.

When you continue to perform to a high level never seen before they call it uncompetitive.

When you hire the right people in the right positions and have a plan in place to recruit well in all areas they call it obscene spending.

When there are a splattering of empty seats on show it’s the emptyhad regardless of whether it is two mins before or after half time and the fans are shit.

When there is a quiet moment in the game it is library and the fans are shit.

When fans don’t act like they are listening to an encore at a Slipknot concert when celebrating a sixth goal v Burnley they are shit fans who are bored with winning.

And when you have exhausted all excuses then we are cheats.

It’s not just us either, no one has ever looked upon any dynastys/successful periods and not had some form of stick.

Leeds under Revie were dirty horrible bastards to an extent that 50 years later they are known as dirty Leeds and people hate them for no other reason in that they are Leeds.

United were hated under Fergie whether it was getting decisions or influencing referees, even their fans were labelled prawn sandwich brigade.

Chelsea under Mourinho were boring and negative, playing anti football and “ruining” English football due to how much they were spending.

Even Arsenal under Wenger were criticised for being too foreign.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve contributed to the thread in the past and had a moan about the wankers who write stuff about our club but at the end of the day, if we didn’t see any media would it effect on how we support our club?

On Sunday we will hopefully be crowned champions of England for the 10th time, and I have now reached a point where I just could not give a fuck what Nick Harris, Miguel Delaney and all the other freaks will be repeating for the sixth time in seven years. Some of them have their whole careers on the line based on the outcome of our hearing. In 25 years, no one will have a clue who these people are, they will be long forgotten, but everyone will remember how good this team and club are and it will be in the history books to remind those who aren’t even born yet.

Enjoy it!
Great post and agree with all of it.

Just the 3 former utd players for Sky tonight.

Why not have the full class of 92 in the studio next time?

Noticed that. Rag cunts!

They’ll have Keane(United), Spitty(Liverpool), Micha at the Etihad on Sunday. Maybe Neville or Rughead?

Dan Roan at his finest.

”And 16 months after City were charged with more than a hundred rule breaches, a hearing in their case is not thought to be scheduled until the autumn, contributing to the mounting scrutiny of the league’s governance and processes.

While City deny wrongdoing, a sixth league triumph in seven years - potentially by just one point for the third time in five seasons after pipping Liverpool in 2019 and 2022 - would only intensify questions over the fairness of how they assembled their squad over several years.

A fourth title in a row would also mean more scrutiny over the time that the case has taken, and whether the club’s wealth has distorted the competitiveness of the league, alongside undoubted admiration for the team and their coach.”

Another Great bit of media from the BBC.
Its almost daily now they get things so wrong.

Newcastle need a final-day win at Brentford to be certain of a top-seven finish for the first time in two decades.

Of course it is. Just like the chat about the league being boring because City just go and win it. If that was the case, we wouldn't have had 48hrs of constant chat about Spurs wanting to lose. Arsenal fans tuned in last night, the whole world was fucking watching. Many hoping for a City loss, many hoping for a City win. There's jeopardy, there's excitement and it's into the final day.

Heard some Arsenal fan saying it's boring because you just know you aren't going to win it if it's close. He was asked by a Spurs fan why they didn't try to win at the Etihad and then decided that our financial doping was why we're so good and that Arsenal shouldn't have to win so many games to win the league!

The entitlement from the red shirts is mental.

There's still a game to go and if Arsenal win then we have to as well. That's a title race and it's much better than any other big European league.
Can't remember what it was on but heard a YouTube clip today discussing four in a row and, unless I misheard, how the invincibles was the bigger achievement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.