Media Discussion - 2023/24

I see TNT have the arsenal match.
Sky have gone for liverpool and Chelsea as their other two matches. They’ve obviously made that choice because Wolves and Bournemouth have so much left to fight for.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they hosted their coverage from anfield tbh.

I see TNT have the arsenal match.
Sky have gone for liverpool and Chelsea as their other two matches. They’ve obviously made that choice because Wolves and Bournemouth have so much left to fight for.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they hosted their coverage from anfield tbh.

We're on Sky on the Main Event channel?

Or have I missed your point completely?

I've noticed in the media there's been a marked increased reference to the 115 charges, just as we possibly win four titles in row. This is no coincidence. Clearly an attempt to devalue the achievement and timed perfectly. No coincidence either that Netflix are now releasing '9'2' a film about the rags treble winning team. Laughable and depressing at the time.

We're on Sky on the Main Event channel?

Or have I missed your point completely?
Yep, I know we are on bud, of course they’d select us, but i was talking about their “other two” picks.
I was curious about why they’d picked liverpool’s game with nothing riding on it (but yes, I know the reason really)

(Edit. Though I only have PL and Footy channels not Main Event so I’m a bit concerned that we now aren’t on PL channel!)

I've noticed in the media there's been a marked increased reference to the 115 charges, just as we possibly win four titles in row. This is no coincidence. Clearly an attempt to devalue the achievement and timed perfectly. No coincidence either that Netflix are now releasing '9'2' a film about the rags treble winning team. Laughable and depressing at the time.

The red shirts pushed for us to be charged precisely for this. Not because they thought we'd be guilty but to devalue any wins and get people focusing on the 115 charges.

Their minions and glorified fanzine writers in the media are only too happy to do that for them.

Dan Roan at his finest.

”And 16 months after City were charged with more than a hundred rule breaches, a hearing in their case is not thought to be scheduled until the autumn, contributing to the mounting scrutiny of the league’s governance and processes.

While City deny wrongdoing, a sixth league triumph in seven years - potentially by just one point for the third time in five seasons after pipping Liverpool in 2019 and 2022 - would only intensify questions over the fairness of how they assembled their squad over several years.

A fourth title in a row would also mean more scrutiny over the time that the case has taken, and whether the club’s wealth has distorted the competitiveness of the league, alongside undoubted admiration for the team and their coach.”
So only winning by one point on multiple occasions demonstrates unfairness ? What a fucking plum.

1992-2002 the rags won it 7 times with an average winning margin of 8.71 points.

Our average winning margin between 2014 and 2024, making it also 7 times, assuming both us and arse win on the last day will be 6 points.

Doing the same for Liverpool in their era of dominance in the 70s and 80s gives a figure of 5.85 points so roughly in line with ours.

Another Great bit of media from the BBC.
Its almost daily now they get things so wrong.

Newcastle need a final-day win at Brentford to be certain of a top-seven finish for the first time in two decades.
It’s why fan media does so well, at least they have some lived football knowledge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.