Media Discussion - 2023/24

BBC NWT giving Klopp a dedicated segment each night this week to mark his farewell. Last night's focus was his connection to the local community - his "adopted city", as they call it. Tonight it's his "football legacy". All arse licking interviews and brown nosing. Might as well move the programme from Salford to Dipperland, the amount of coverage they give them lot.
Tonight, following the arselicking section…

An interview with Fleetwood manager Charlie Adam about…er…Klopp and Liverpool
An interview with Bolton manager about their playoff match
A reference to other exciting finishes to the season this weekend…which was, unbelievably, the chance for the rags to get that coveted seventh place.

No other footballing issues this weekend deemed worthy of reporting.

YCNMIU.
Presume there’s a 20 min special tomorrow. I’ll hold my breath…

Tonight, following the arselicking section…

An interview with Fleetwood manager Charlie Adam about…er…Klopp and Liverpool
An interview with Bolton manager about their playoff match
A reference to other exciting finishes to the season this weekend…which was, unbelievably, the chance for the rags to get that coveted seventh place.

No other footballing issues this weekend deemed worthy of reporting.

YCNMIU.
Presume there’s a 20 min special tomorrow. I’ll hold my breath…
Watched it…..couldn’t believe it and presumed I’d missed the piece on how City could make an historic 4th consecutive PL……

HA! - I actually am employed at the Mirror, in London - i work on the Picture Desk and sometimes do a few bits for the Star and Express - tomorrow the Lead Letter in the Express is about the scrapping of VAR - they asked for a picture of the Doku and MacAllister incident to illustrate it - i replied 'there are many other VAR incidents that have been much worse that that (correct) decision' - i said 'even last night Utd got away with a definite Penalty against Newcastle' - he came back with 'how about that Onana one for Utd against Wolves earlier in the Season, where he came out and punched the player' - i found the Picture and that's going in instead - lol
Every little helps.

Currently in Thessaloniki for a few days and there’s a marked difference in the response to “we’re from Manchester”. It’s met with “City or United?” now not just the assumption that everyone from Manchester is a rag. First young guy I spoke to at the hotel likes City because of Erling Haaland.
Everywhere I’ve travelled over the last few years it’s been just like that. Nobody assumes it’s just United any more and no one even mentions Liverpool. Everyone knows about City and sees them at least equal to the rags. With every passing year the rags become more of a laughing stock !

Just sent this to the city press office:-

Tonight on look northwest they took their bias to a new level with the following sports covering:-

It's a crucial weekend for football
Liverpool are saying goodbye to KLOPP (not won near what Pep has won) 5 minute eulogy
Bolton are off to Wembley for a playoff final - 2 minute coverage
Crewe are off to Wembley for a playoff final 30 seconds coverage and
Manchester United are hoping to clinch a European place highlights of last nights game
!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT ONE WORD ABOUT City' VITAL game the current English,European & world club champions going for an unprecedented fourth EPL title !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When is my club going to take action (grow some balls) about this totally bias BBC North West outfit who moved next to Old Trafford to be closer to their sponsored club?
This on top of Dan Rowans constant attempts to rubbish us as a club when he was filmed outside the Etihad reporting on the Barry Bennel child abuse case case. DESPITE him not being an employee of my club but an Employee of Crewe Alexandra.

ACg8ocKJq2H96G2D_k9KlmBpu2mDD3-3hePTLSgG1J9kHQEMAti5Lg=s40-p-mo
ReplyForward

Add reaction

The BBC is public funded broadcaster who is required to be impartial.
Roan is clearly biased in his reporting of City whether this is personal or part of wider agenda within the BBC is unknown albeit his narrative fits with the BBC’s general reporting of City.
What we can conclude is he or the wider organisation is not upholding the broadcasters own code but we know nothing will ever be done to eradicate this as the BBC have repeatedly proven over years that they are unable to govern themselves
Roan is not a “herbert” he is a twat of the highest order & no City fan should ever miss the opportunity to remind him of that so he gets the message
He's also the Beeb's sports editor, actually responsible for their content and what narrative viewpoint to take on sports stories. It's a disgraceful combination, if this **** always spouting his bile outside our stadium, legitimises every spotty fkwit in the department to throw shit at us and our club.

Maybe I need to take the tinfoil hat off, but I think it's part of the same narrative how they appear to gone out of their way to shit stir over the co op arena. I mean a new venue having teething problems really being worthy of headline airtime with wars and famine very much happening?

He's also the Beeb's sports editor, actually responsible for their content and what narrative viewpoint to take on sports stories. It's a disgraceful combination, if this **** always spouting his bile outside our stadium, legitimises every spotty fkwit in the department to throw shit at us and our club.

Maybe I need to take the tinfoil hat off, but I think it's part of the same narrative how they appear to gone out of their way to shit stir over the co op arena. I mean a new venue having teething problems really being worthy of headline airtime with wars and famine very much happening?
90% of BBC news is man bites dog shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.