Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am Dutch (yes, sue me) I can only speak about the Dutch and British media. For me it’s very clear the British media is strongly influenced by the USA. The Dutch media is strongly influenced by the USA and UK.

Is there an agenda against City? Yes. And I am not talking about decisions on the pitch although they are easily ‘a consequence of’. This agenda has been gradually yet steadily build by the media ever since Sheik Mansour took over.
Arabs and money and a cooperation with China makes our club easy victims in a league that generates billions. We took over the reign from clubs that are supported worldwide (and all happens to wear red tops except for Chelsea who survived criticism since Russian ownership became … yes, USA). Not just on the pitch but as a prime example just how a footballclub should be run. They never expected this to happen. While our owners invested (like most businessmen do), it was in conflict with the USA way of thinking. Taking money out.
The FFP rules were quickly introduced by the former G14 clubs (led by the USA owned teams), yet too little and too late.

Anyways I can go on for a while and I am sure it raises questions even by my closest blue mates who are not all convinced. Maybe I am wrong. I don’t know. However I strongly believe this is the case when it’s about City.

Do I care? I used to. A lot. Not so much anymore since imho it has helped the club build the motivation from whatever was, is and will be thrown against us.

A few weeks back someone (supporting Ajax and Arsenal) asked me what will happen to the club when they are guilty of the charges put against them. I asked him what punishment he felt was right IF. He said:
-Stripped of the prizes. Heeh, you can never take away the joy and pride us fans and everyone connected to the club felt when winning silverware.
-Relegated a division. Heeh, been there. Even two divisions. And we would still be able to celebrate promotion and win the FA cup and League cup.
-Not able to get players in for the next 5 years. Heeh, any idea about the players and ages in our squad, and what’s around in our academy. Ges the 100 million our owner invested. You don’t now do you?!

I asked him what he would do if none of the charges are proven or lead to any punishment? He couldn’t bring himself to accept such a scenario. I can’t blame him when you keep being influenced by the media.

So let’s have the stories to derail Peps squad. It greatly serves for motivation.

I'm in the same club mate!
The reason they banned me, is that I pointed out to rabid Liverpool fans
on there, that they held their 'Victory Parade' on the anniversary of Heysel.
That 100% factually correct statement got me banned.
Blimey that is very mild compared to what I got banned for. I think it was the one calling them all pathetic sad morons who haven't got a life that did it. Or maybe anyone of 20 others when I laughed at them, slagged them off or just called them idiots that should not be allowed near a keyboard.
Ah well, it was fun.

You can just imagine sky sports ignoring the trophy lift of whichever club wins by switching over to the Liverpool game for 45 minutes of Klopp thumping his chest and a heartfelt tribute to his historic tenure where the average position of his club was 3rd/4th.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if that happened

Not really, my mother has a subscription to buy the paper copy and gets a number of online memberships included. Personally I wouldn't give any of them the steam off my piss.
Just disable your java script to access torygraph on line. For some reason doesn't work too well for the times

As I am Dutch (yes, sue me) I can only speak about the Dutch and British media. For me it’s very clear the British media is strongly influenced by the USA. The Dutch media is strongly influenced by the USA and UK.

Is there an agenda against City? Yes. And I am not talking about decisions on the pitch although they are easily ‘a consequence of’. This agenda has been gradually yet steadily build by the media ever since Sheik Mansour took over.
Arabs and money and a cooperation with China makes our club easy victims in a league that generates billions. We took over the reign from clubs that are supported worldwide (and all happens to wear red tops except for Chelsea who survived criticism since Russian ownership became … yes, USA). Not just on the pitch but as a prime example just how a footballclub should be run. They never expected this to happen. While our owners invested (like most businessmen do), it was in conflict with the USA way of thinking. Taking money out.
The FFP rules were quickly introduced by the former G14 clubs (led by the USA owned teams), yet too little and too late.

Anyways I can go on for a while and I am sure it raises questions even by my closest blue mates who are not all convinced. Maybe I am wrong. I don’t know. However I strongly believe this is the case when it’s about City.

Do I care? I used to. A lot. Not so much anymore since imho it has helped the club build the motivation from whatever was, is and will be thrown against us.

A few weeks back someone (supporting Ajax and Arsenal) asked me what will happen to the club when they are guilty of the charges put against them. I asked him what punishment he felt was right IF. He said:
-Stripped of the prizes. Heeh, you can never take away the joy and pride us fans and everyone connected to the club felt when winning silverware.
-Relegated a division. Heeh, been there. Even two divisions. And we would still be able to celebrate promotion and win the FA cup and League cup.
-Not able to get players in for the next 5 years. Heeh, any idea about the players and ages in our squad, and what’s around in our academy. Ges the 100 million our owner invested. You don’t now do you?!

I asked him what he would do if none of the charges are proven or lead to any punishment? He couldn’t bring himself to accept such a scenario. I can’t blame him when you keep being influenced by the media.

So let’s have the stories to derail Peps squad. It greatly serves for motivation.
Being Dutch you have Cruyff in your favour but against this a certain Mr Ten Hag!

Currently in Thessaloniki for a few days and there’s a marked difference in the response to “we’re from Manchester”. It’s met with “City or United?” now not just the assumption that everyone from Manchester is a rag. First young guy I spoke to at the hotel likes City because of Erling Haaland.
I've been living here for 17 years and can say there's definitely more City fan's knocking about these days, especially young football fans. Liverpool, Chelsea and the rags (to a lesser extent) are still the most popular with blokes in the 40+ category, so I get the same usual horseshit repertoire of City bingo card criticisms thrown my way that you boys and girls get from the ill-informed/envious back there in the UK. Twas ever thus!

I've been living here for 17 years and can say there's definitely more City fan's knocking about these days, especially young football fans. Liverpool, Chelsea and the rags (to a lesser extent) are still the most popular with blokes in the 40+ category, so I get the same usual horseshit repertoire of City bingo card criticisms thrown my way that you boys and girls get from the ill-informed/envious back there in the UK. Twas ever thus!
My answer to the oh you are from Manchester who do you support is always.

I am from Manchester they know I am a blue

Great post pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.