Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks be honest most of the press/media have been a bloody disgrace today. Absolutely scandalous.

I don't normally do the press/media but I had a look. Some of the comments on talk sport and the bbc are shocking.

Not only is 115 mention all the time I see using the term Lance Armstrong is now becoming common when talking City.

Lots of people have taken City winning 4 on the bounce very badly :)

The bbc how don't these break their house rules ?

1000004745.jpg

It's time the club stopped giving a shit about how they'll be perceived if we start banning the press.

They abuse their freedom by writing false and biased stories.

Instead the club put on all the hospitality in the hope that they'll like us... not happened, in fact it's got worse and they write even more bile.

Just start banning and suing them and they'll shut up!!

Look at Nottingham, one threat of taking legal action and sky shut the fuck up immediately.
Let’s hope the club is taking note of the media’s public hanging. I’m sure the legal team are bogged down with dealing with the alleged charges. They won’t have time to issue lawsuits of individuals. As frustrating as it seems the club can always come back later and deal with these cretins.

Its got to the point where the whole world is aware of it now, we're looked on as cheats and we'll go down in history as such. It's more than depressing. Fucking hairy hands to thank for for the latest round of anger aimed at us.
They're now after Grealish for having a few bevvies last night.

I agree with this. It’s part of the story, unfortunately, and as such it’s legitimately and inevitably part of the narrative. Clearly, it’s being reported in less than balanced terms, and to a grossly disproportionate extent from some quarters, but that doesn’t mean the press more widely should or can ignore the story. We have won two titles whist these charges remain unresolved and of course that’s worthy of reporting and commenting upon. And some will weaponise and exploit that. That is unavoidable.

The PL have plainly created this situation without thinking about the consequences for them or the wider brand. This is evidenced by the wholly unnecessary way the charges were structured and the fact they were erroneously (and most likely hastily) framed at the outset, which actually defies belief when you step back and think of the implications of what is being alleged. It’s akin to a Magic Circle law firm issuing a claim for breach of contract running into tens of millions in the High Court and getting the name of the Defendant and the material dates wrong. Fucking amateur hour.

So, of course this story, in conjunction with what we have achieved on the pitch this season is newsworthy and legitimate to report upon, even in the afterglow of the victory of a fourth consecutive PL title, especially given the provenance of the charges. It would be absurd to suggest otherwise.

Masters has completely fucked up and various actors, some genuine, and some with conspicuous agendas against the club are riding that wave, as they are arguably required to, at least to some extent.

It’s a complete fucking abortion.
I have never had a problem with this story being reported. A legal battle on this scale between two huge football organisations is big news. The depressing thing is that virtually every reporter has chosen to cover the issue in a dishonest and biased way with no fairness and balance.No one from the media has seriously investigated the claims made by certain senior people at UEFA and latterly the PL leadership about City.
The UEFA case was dismissed because an independent panel of three judges stated clearly and repeatedly that UEFA had "no evidence." Just think about that for a minute. The case against City wasn't a weak case or even one with unsatisfactory evidence. There was "no evidence" for UEFA's case according to the panel. It looks as if the PL case has followed the same path as UEFA and yet no journalist thinks it might be worth looking at City's side of the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.