Media Discussion - 2023/24

I have come to the conclusion that there is only one thing more disliked by the media in this sorry 'state' of ours than Manchester City, and that is any sporting domination by Manchester City.
I was puzzled by the pro rag lexicon of Shearer during the game. When did he become such a tubthumper for the rags?
That 2nd penalty shout being described as good defending, just using his strength? Then saying the opposite about the challenge on poundland Haaland at the other end says it all.
The media can't have domination in the league. The English game is sold on its competitive field. If you have City winning too much it spoils the brand, which in turn dilutes the brand, which risks viewers turning away from it.......and THAT is why we see so many media cunts down playing our brilliance.
City winning everything is bad for their careers. The media must see a close competition or their whole product becomes stale.
On the upside, I believe this negativity will happen to any team that dominates from now on. Broadcasters, journalists, industry officials, and social media nobs, will all need engagement. When that drops their income drops.
And you don't fuck with someone's butty without kickback!!!!
You can guarantee if the rags liverpool or even arsenal dominate there would be no such negativity

I have come to the conclusion that there is only one thing more disliked by the media in this sorry 'state' of ours than Manchester City, and that is any sporting domination by Manchester City.
I was puzzled by the pro rag lexicon of Shearer during the game. When did he become such a tubthumper for the rags?
That 2nd penalty shout being described as good defending, just using his strength? Then saying the opposite about the challenge on poundland Haaland at the other end says it all.
The media can't have domination in the league. The English game is sold on its competitive field. If you have City winning too much it spoils the brand, which in turn dilutes the brand, which risks viewers turning away from it.......and THAT is why we see so many media cunts down playing our brilliance.
City winning everything is bad for their careers. The media must see a close competition or their whole product becomes stale.
On the upside, I believe this negativity will happen to any team that dominates from now on. Broadcasters, journalists, industry officials, and social media nobs, will all need engagement. When that drops their income drops.
If United or Liverpool dominate for the next 10 years the media would absolutely love it. Guaranteed

I suspect that any miraculous domination by the rags or dippers would be actually be greeted in the most positive manner possible by our " highly principled and discerning " media whores.

Whores follow the money, and rags / dippers have the largest following of dumb punters just begging to be robbed.

Last edited:
I suspect that any miraculous domination by the rags or dippers would be actually be greeted in the most positive manner possible by our highly principled and discerning media whores.

Whores follow the money, and rags / dippers have the largest following of dumb punters just begging to be robbed.
I don't believe that is true with modern media. The whole industry is built on confrontation and challenge. That's what sells.
But, I hope to never find out.

Shearer and Mowbray on BBC Were a disgrace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.