Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem with the media.

I presume Herbert classes himself as a sports journalist. Therefore he would report on all things to do with sport and his pieces should be about the triumphs and obviously the tragedies within the sporting world.
What we have here is the modern day sports journalist. Stories for clicks. No substance in their work. Let's choose a victim that others don't like and let's write the most slanderous and low level articles they can, proper bottom of the barrel stuff that will guarantee the clicks.

This is every journalist at every newspaper on every platform (apart from Mr Martin Samuel's who still has his dignity and pride intact) who has basically sold out for clicks.

They are an embarrassment and a shitstain on society.
100% spot on. Fuck me all the time I’ve been on this forum I’ve read your username as mainmanc and have only just realised it’s actually manimanc. Fuck me everyday is a school day even at 50 years of age :)

for the first time is as long as I can remember when you click on the City badge/icon on the Fail's Premier League newsfeed 99 per cent of the stories below actually relate to City... and not the usual, rashford, rags, salah fkn nonsense - shockingly, not one of the stories is positive. Bashing us is big news... It's click-bait central and the Daily Fail are the masters of it - literally, master-baiters.

for the first time is as long as I can remember when you click on the City badge/icon on the Fail's Premier League newsfeed 99 per cent of the stories below actually relate to City... and not the usual, rashford, rags, salah fkn nonsense - shockingly, not one of the stories is positive. Bashing us is big news... It's click-bait central and the Daily Fail are the masters of it - literally, master-baiters.
I've stopped listening to Talksport and clicking on Daily Mail, Daily Express and The Independent because of their anti City bias. In truth, I could boycott every newspaper but still read the Telegraph and Guardian but do not click on any anti City story.

like many i get frustrated by the quality of certain journalists and also terrible websites like MUEN.

i have a question though

what would the majority recommend as a worthwhile news source for day to day City related news ?

At the moment, bluemoon and a tight twitter list of @slbsn @prestwichblue @realtolmie @bluecitybrain @mancity @SwissRamble @bluemoon_mcfc are my main sources

Baiting aside. Getting clicks. Pay per view article.

Let’s look at the facts.

What makes a club bigger?

The first thing is the amount of trophies won. City.
Achievements. City.
History, including recent history. City.
Fan base, the UK and abroad. City.
Worldwide exposure. City.
Crowds. Newcastle and City are pretty equal. City will get bigger crowds when the Etihad is expanded.
Revenue. City.
Best players. City.
Champions League. City.
Etc.

What the fuck is Herbert on about, the daft ****?!
Herbert's living up to his name. Neither Leeds or Newcastle have ever, in their history's, been in any way, been bigger clubs than City. Also what is the relevance of his comment ? City's day will come but it can't come fast enough !!!!

Baiting aside. Getting clicks. Pay per view article.

Let’s look at the facts.

What makes a club bigger?

The first thing is the amount of trophies won. City.
Achievements. City.
History, including recent history. City.
Fan base, the UK and abroad. City.
Worldwide exposure. City.
Crowds. Newcastle and City are pretty equal. City will get bigger crowds when the Etihad is expanded.
Revenue. City.
Best players. City.
Champions League. City.
Etc.

What the fuck is Herbert on about, the daft ****?!
Bitter much

like many i get frustrated by the quality of certain journalists and also terrible websites like MUEN.

i have a question though

what would the majority recommend as a worthwhile news source for day to day City related news ?

At the moment, bluemoon and a tight twitter list of @slbsn @prestwichblue @realtolmie @bluecitybrain @mancity @SwissRamble @bluemoon_mcfc are my main sources

I'd keep it at those.

Herbert's living up to his name. Neither Leeds or Newcastle have ever, in their history's, been in any way, been bigger clubs than City. Also what is the relevance of his comment ? City's day will come but it can't come fast enough !!!!
Which is better. A bigger club that last won the league title 97 years ago or a smaller club that last won the league title 4 weeks ago?

Which is better. A bigger club that won 4 league titles in 120 years or a smaller club that won 4 league titles in 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.