Media Discussion - 2023/24

Tell me again how the "oil money" (loaded term in itself btw) owners are the danger to this league.

If they could, American owners would model the Prem on the NFL in a heartbeat. Everyone shares the revenue evenly in a closed shop.
Genuinely what’s the issue with your last sentence other than the ‘closed shop’ bit at the end.

Genuinely what’s the issue with your last sentence other than the ‘closed shop’ bit at the end.
The idea of equally sharing revenue around the league is great. I honestly think TV money should be an even split.

The closed shop is where the problem lies. That means no promotion/relegation. Basically an English Super League.

The idea of equally sharing revenue around the league is great. I honestly think TV money should be an even split.

The closed shop is where the problem lies. That means no promotion/relegation. Basically an English Super League.

I think we should move a couple of steps further than just TV money evenly split. It should be one central merchandise deal for all 20 PL club. Also a 75:25 split for match day revenue between home and away clubs like it was up until the 1980’s.

I think we should move a couple of steps further than just TV money evenly split. It should be one central merchandise deal for all 20 PL club. Also a 75:25 split for match day revenue between home and away clubs like it was up until the 1980’s.

I think the NFL splits ticket revenue 60/40 home/away.

But yeah, merchandise money is all divided equally (all league gear is contracted to Nike and Fanatics so it's a central contract with the league instead of individual teams wearing different brands)

As a standalone league, the financial side of it is really well put together. However, part of that is because each team operates as a franchise of the league instead of as an individual club. And teams can be moved by ownership to another city if they feel necessary.

There are things English football could definitely borrow though financially. Something to ensure a little more parity wouldn't hurt.

Communism doesn't work, you are proposing a version of that. If a team is mid table why should it bother investing in an academy ? You are proposing mediocrity and allowing owners to milk a club for their own ends.

Communism doesn't work, you are proposing a version of that. If a team is mid table why should it bother investing in an academy ? You are proposing mediocrity and allowing owners to milk a club for their own ends.

Nobody mentioned this shit when the scouse and the rags were headline news.

I can't believe posters on here are mentioning it. Utterly stupid.
the-turkey-that-voted-for-christmas.jpg

Don't know if covered Lee Dixon last night. Slated Foden and Kane within a minute of each other and then when Saka smacks a cross that nearly goes out for a throw he says "that's much better from Saka!"
He's like a washed up Lawro trying to be funny but his bias is ridiculous, despite being a City fan as a kid!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.