Media Discussion - 2023/24

Happened with the Lakers.
Can't see it ever happening in England.
The nearest to this was the Wimbledon situation
If the Americanisation of English football continues at its current rate and is not checked, then I think this could possibly happen within the next 20 years. The total and utter pursuit of money with this lot has no boundaries or morals.

Happened with the Lakers.
Can't see it ever happening in England.
The nearest to this was the Wimbledon situation

Yeah fortunately we don't have teams franchised by the league but rather clubs that are members.

The MK Dons thing was insane for English football. Never thought that would happen to an English team.

I think the NFL splits ticket revenue 60/40 home/away.

But yeah, merchandise money is all divided equally (all league gear is contracted to Nike and Fanatics so it's a central contract with the league instead of individual teams wearing different brands)

As a standalone league, the financial side of it is really well put together. However, part of that is because each team operates as a franchise of the league instead of as an individual club. And teams can be moved by ownership to another city if they feel necessary.

There are things English football could definitely borrow though financially. Something to ensure a little more parity wouldn't hurt.
Surely the fact there is a closed shop with no relegation enables some of these things

It's fucking mad.

I mean, there are some teams that would just NEVER be moved that have multiple decades of heritage (if someone tried to move the Chicago Bears, hell would break loose), but owners have held teams for ransom trying to get taxpayer money to fund a new stadium.

Because they're franchises belonging to the league, it's just an accepted part of it. Imagine being a St Louis Rams fan, in St Louis, Missouri when you find out the owner has decided to move your team to Los Angeles.
NY Dodgers and Giants now NLW of the MLB, thank you Mets for saving the city from the dark side ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.