Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ineos not Sir Jim per se...have set aside £240 mill for 'stadium redevelopment', this was enshrined within the offer.
New stadium , best guess at todays prices the thick end of £2.5 Billion. So, they have enough in their bin at present to pay for maybe, some Consultantcy fees, Architecture, Engineering, Planning etc...the development team is holding meetings, all which will be sucking expenses from the development fund tit.
In short.
They are nowhere near...a 90% shortfall on costings.
No way is this stadium getting built, and absolutely NO WAY will they get a copper coin off the GovT.
Apart from anything Else, Everton who had a far better site and strategy to create a 'wembley for the North, risked financila ruin and relegation financing their own build.
Ye. But it’s the rags. The government will be falling over themselves to help you just know it

Good knows how an athletic stadium can be classed as a brand new football stadium, posts on BM never disappoint I’ll give it that.

You're being pedantic, the City of Manchester Stadium was designed specifically for conversion to a football stadium. A successful two-stage design approach enabled the stadium to meet its initial requirements as an athletics venue, before adaptation for its permanent use for football. The Etihad is indistinguishable from a purpose built football stadium, that was always the intention.

You want to see an athletics stadium masquerading as a football stadium? Get yourself down to West Ham.

Untwist your knickers.

Everyone associated with the club back in the day knows we got a good deal on the stadium, and they're happy to say so.

Our stadium cost about £110 million. £77 million of that was paid by Sport England and the rest was paid by Manchester City Council.

The Council has benefited as well, it was beneficial all round, given there had to be a use for the stadium post Commonwealth Games.

The Utd situation is different, Jimmy Billionaire is looking for a hand out and he isn't getting one. Starmer is right to chip in a bit for the transport infrastructure and Burnham will be happy to spend it, but Jimmy boy has been told, as far as the stadium is concerned, he's on his own.

It's the right stance to take, it's small change in the scheme of things and Starmer can't be giving Scruffy any excuses for not dipping into his overflowing pockets.
My knickers don't need untwisting. You said we had been handed a brand new stadium, we weren't. It was a good deal for us, that I fully accept but we had to put a huge amount of money into it ourselves to make it into a stadium.

The Utd situation is different, Jimmy Billionaire is looking for a hand out and he isn't getting one. Starmer is right to chip in a bit for the transport infrastructure and Burnham will be happy to spend it, but Jimmy boy has been told, as far as the stadium is concerned, he's on his own.
I believe Spurs got around £30M total of local and central government handouts to improve areas around their new ground but I’m okay with that if the rags get similar. Still leaves £1.97Bn to finance before scope creep adds another £500M.

Lot of money that.

My knickers don't need untwisting. You said we had been handed a brand new stadium, we weren't. It was a good deal for us, that I fully accept but we had to put a huge amount of money into it ourselves to make it into a stadium.
And as part of the deal City had to accept a mortgage deal based on attendance figures. Was it something like over 36k in there whereby the council collected 50% of any seat sales above that figure? My memory is a bit cloudy of the payment system but it was all settled by Sheikh Mansour when he bought the club. What I do recall is that player recruitment was based on loans, frees or cheap and performances reflected that and the takeover came just in time for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.