Media Discussion - 2023/24

The state of this from Simon Stone. The CEO deserves credit for outspending everyone else. Congratulations!!! Well done!!! Fantastic effort!!! The state of the BBC is a complete and utter shambles. The sooner Stone and his ilk are gone the better. As a FOC I will miss seeing the balancing out of the coverage as young kids aged 4/5 who are becoming City fans start enetering the media in 30/40 years
That is a fucking joke. This **** is getting worse.

"Out-negotiated".

Chelsea - £90m
Liverpool -

The state of this from Simon Stone. The CEO deserves credit for outspending everyone else. Congratulations!!! Well done!!! Fantastic effort!!! The state of the BBC is a complete and utter shambles. The sooner Stone and his ilk are gone the better. As a FOC I will miss seeing the balancing out of the coverage as young kids aged 4/5 who are becoming City fans start enetering the media in 30/40 years
Feels ironic (football being ruined by crazy prices etc…) that he’s just said this:

Liverpool deserve credit for Caicedo deal​

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone
BBC Sport
Liverpool chief executive Billy Hogan comes out of the Moises Caicedo deal with an immense amount of credit.
Whilst Chelsea were constantly linked with the Ecuador midfielder - and had a succession of bids turned down - Hogan worked quietly behind the scenes, establishing what deal was acceptable to Brighton and how to put it together.
In public, their actions have been swift and decisive.
We won't know until he starts playing how big a transfer Caicedo to Liverpool is but the suits at Anfield have definitely out negotiated their counterparts at Stamford Bridge.”

What a fuckin prick Levy is - suggestions appearing that he has now revoked permission for Kane to travel to Bayern for talks. Wouldn't be surprised to see HK down tools, he has had more than enough reasons to do so in the past.
This would be hilarious and typical spurs under the ‘business’ man

I thought big games decisions went against us.

Rags gifted a pen at the Etihad - consolation
Rags ridiculous offside at swamp - cost us 3pts
Arsenal gifted a pen at Emirates - consolation
Arsenal no pen for KDB - consolation
Dippers at Anfield - disallowed goal for infractions that ref made a point of not giving - at least 1pt

All of those can be attributed to VAR
It hurts my brain just trying to think about how/what they will stitch us up with at Anfield this season.
The media are now easily prepared there to take extra pics of Pep being perplexed and merge them with piss taking headlines.
How come this fixture as never been investigated, when it as now become an annual event for controversy against us?

Rashford’s goal apart, I thought we did ok out of refereeing decision last season.
Last year Pimob didn't expect us to win consecutive title 3 as we were behind for so long.
This year they won't make the same mistake.

Rashford’s goal apart, I thought we did ok out of refereeing decision last season.
The Rashford goal and the penalty at arsenal were examples of “justifiable if you interpret the letter of the law in the most narrow way possible, which is why they are never given”.

You could maybe even include the disallowed goal at anfield at a push given it was a on-field decision that had to be overturned.

These decisions make me more suspicious than obvious clangers - especially in our three biggest games of the season away from home.

The decisions at Liverpool and United cost us six points. The decision at arsenal could have cost us two if not for grealish.

Potentially huge, title-deciding impact.

Last edited:
You forgot the rags leveller in the Fa cup final to get them back into a game they had done nothing in up to that point. Does that get given up the other end? I doubt it.

I only included prem but as per usual every rag game was managed by the PGMOL team. I’ve not even included what constitutes a foul, yellow, red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.