Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean by "detector teams" if you mean detector vans, of course not as most don't receive a signal via an aerial anymore.
They have outsourced licence fee avoidance to Capita who do carry out enforcement on a regular basis.
Detector vans were fake to scare people, I'm not sure anyone believed them, but pretend they were real, do you think they could tell the difference between a few feet? The COVID app couldn't in 2020 never mind 1980.

The main method of detection was always looking through the window, then they had a database of everyone who had bought a telly and used that as well. It was then assumed that everyone has a telly.

Was every game we played with Chelsea since 2008 while RA was there not the Oil Classico? They're so shit at The Athletic. Have they not started offering to pay people £1.99 a month to subscribe to their fanzine yet?

I've had them turn up to the house twice and both times I preceded to show them the cut aerial cable on the side of the house. but you don't have to let them into your house. just say I don't have it and slam the door in their faces. I'm not paying them a penny and haven't done so for 12 years
LOL, in a world where we receive TV via cable, satellite, wi-fi and cellular I'm sure that leaves them stumped!

Detector vans were fake to scare people, I'm not sure anyone believed them, but pretend they were real, do you think they could tell the difference between a few feet? The COVID app couldn't in 2020 never mind 1980.

The main method of detection was always looking through the window, then they had a database of everyone who had bought a telly and used that as well. It was then assumed that everyone has a telly.
If you've ever seen the advert they used to put out, they even say what programme your watching, in this case they were watching " Columbo", hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.