Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre article in the Mail by Ladyman headlined;

How Newcastle United - led by co-owner Amanda Staveley - have learnt lessons from Manchester City's scattergun approach in 2008 to find Premier League success​

Bear in mind we won the league just 3 seasons later, but that isn't mentioned at all in the article. Instead the focus shifts to the Champions League;

"Still it took them three years to qualify for the Champions League and another two to progress beyond the group stages"

And this "scattergun" spending ?

"City made their fair share of early missteps - Robinho, Wayne Bridge and Roque Santa Cruz were three"

Just to remind new fans, Wayne Bridge cost £12m and Santa Cruz barely played through injury. Robinho was a world star name who arguably put City on the international map.

I often wonder if these "journalists" actually get back-handers from the clubs they write about. I hope so because, if they don't, they really don't know football.
I find the "co-owner Amanda Staveley" headline odd given her company only owns 7.6% and has no control whatsoever.

I wonder who the 80% majority owner could be?

I find the BBC's selection of which City article is open for comments very peculiar.

Not really.
They really are the worst when it comes to any City bashing.
Fucking noncey cunts organisation the BBC, Utter twats.
And that's me being polite on the matter as it's too early in the day for me to go wading in on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.