Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lower case m in May. Lower case l in languages and no need for the s. Full stop after headline.

You’re welcome.

he-asked-for-it-thats-what-he-gets.gif

I never watch the bbc but have no objection to you or anyone else who enjoys seeing their license fee frittered away on the likes of Lineker and numerous other leeches, paying for it. I just get annoyed that everyone else is expected to subsidise your viewing habits.
If you’ve never watched any of their output, not listened to any of their radio nor read any of their online output, then maybe follow the example of some others on here who say they don’t pay the licence fee either. I honestly think the % of people in your position must be a really small proportion of the population.

At £13 month it provides fabulous value for me in terms of enjoyment and learning, and has done for decades. In the era before the ability to easily fast forward through commercials it was great to actually just watch listen to the programme!

I see it as part of the communal or greater good of a society. Folk who never send their kids to a state school still have to pay for it through their common taxation.
I’ve never needed treatment for many many conditions that the health service provide, but I’m happy to pay for it rather than rely on Bupa etc. They aren’t directly comparisons necessarily, but I’m just trying to illustrate the point that a highly individualist system where you only pay for exactly what you directly use and nothing else, isn’t one for me.

I couldn’t care less about Lineker as an individual, and if you start getting worked up about the salary of the rich and famous, you’re on a road to nowhere, but like most on here I do think their football coverage is a shocker. In terms of that, what I can’t understand is, as it’s so obvious re their online output in particular, and that their Head of Online Sport has close MUFC links, why our club hasn’t gone with a complaint about and above him to the overall head of sport or head of all online if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.