Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
See if you can spot the odd one out:

Antony Martial, Dele Alli, Odion Ighalo, Fraser Forster, Kevin DeBruyne, Lucas Moura, Jamie Vardy, Teemu Pukki, Trent Alexander Arnold, Michail Antonio, Dominic Calvert Lewin, Bruno Fernandez, Joel Matip, Miguel Almiron, Marcus Rashford, Jo Willock and Jesse Lingard.

The answer is Kevin DeBruyne, all the others have won at least one Premier League player of the month award. Our Kev has never won it.

Make that make sense.
It's funny, we were talking at tea time and my stepson asks "how do we know that we're not actually dead?". Seeing that sort of list makes me feel this can't be the real world!
Great research by the way.......or was it a cut and paste?

Wasn't the narrative at the time that Spurs let him go because Trippier was better?
Maybe.
I think it was more on the lines that they were getting a realky good fee for Walker and Trippier was well capable of taking over as Walkers replacement.
In fairness, Trippier is not bad at all and I don't think many including us City fans, could have envisaged Walker being the success he has been.

Just goes to show you that journalism is not what it was. Jonathan has not got a clue about the sport he covers. I can imagine the guardian reporters and editors all huddled together. One says “£50m for an average full back”. They all nod and that is the opinion piece turned into factual information for us all to swallow.
If I recall correctly Lineker said something similar about the Walker transfer on MOTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.