Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read several articles referring to the coin throwing incident where a young girl got badly injured but not one has mentioned it is a "Liverpool" fan , one mentioned an object from the away end and others wrote articles like it could have come from any section of the ground , it really is ridiculous how the Dippers vermin fans get a free pass for any atrocities their fans cause. The media run scared of the Dippers i would love to know why , but if the BBC cannot call Hamsa terrorists i suppose there is no chance of calling the Dippers low life fan base SCUM.

It was one of the worst decisions from a referee ever, and the responsibility falls squarely on Attwell.

Dermot Gallagher made a rare valid point that is wasn't appropriate to use VAR because VAR should be used for determining fact (offside position or not in this case). All VAR could have done was confirm Rashford was in an offside position.

The goal was given because Attwell decided Rashford was not interfering with play - subjective opinion. So either someone has been interfering with Attwell's career or bank balance or mind, or Attwell is indeed one of the worst referees in the PL.
Within hours the media narrative became it was "subjective and the law needed changing" but the law on interference is clear. Obstructing an opponent's movement or even view of the ball is interfering with play. This is precisely what Rashford did. He even dummied to play it before leaving it for Fernandez. They have still not released the audio tape. Attwell left his linesman out to dry. I believe he acted in bad faith.

Within hours the media narrative became it was "subjective and the law needed changing" but the law on interference is clear. Obstructing an opponent's movement or even view of the ball is interfering with play. This is precisely what Rashford did. He even dummied to play it before leaving it for Fernandez. They have still not released the audio tape. Attwell left his linesman out to dry. I believe he acted in bad faith.
As do I. I don't have a single doubt that he knowingly and willingly acted in bad faith.

As do I. I don't have a single doubt that he knowingly and willingly acted in bad faith.
I'm not convinced the linesman, Cann, did all he could to ensure the right decision either. Cann assisted at a World Cup final, and is one of the most experienced Assistant Referees we have. Oliver was VAR. Attwell was having conversations with someone, and between the three of them, they came up with the wrong decision, with no subsequent explanation of their rationale.

Unbelievably bent decision that. Guarantee we won't hear the discussion of that decision unless it is leaked by someone.

So much for the G14 clubs looking out for the little person with FFP, seems like they’ve all got huge skeletons yet don’t even get a cursory glance from the powers that be.

Fucking farcical.
According to the mail, the American owned clubs are in favour of broadcasting all games, including 3pm kick offs. The only picture of an actual footballer was Erling, has he changed nationality?

I'm not convinced the linesman, Cann, did all he could to ensure the right decision either. Cann assisted at a World Cup final, and is one of the most experienced Assistant Referees we have. Oliver was VAR. Attwell was having conversations with someone, and between the three of them, they came up with the wrong decision, with no subsequent explanation of their rationale.

Unbelievably bent decision that. Guarantee we won't hear the discussion of that decision unless it is leaked by someone.

Compare and contrast that to Akanji supposedly in the keepers view against Fulham last month. The outrage in the media and then playing back the audio to it.

Ive read several articles referring to the coin throwing incident where a young girl got badly injured but not one has mentioned it is a "Liverpool" fan , one mentioned an object from the away end and others wrote articles like it could have come from any section of the ground , it really is ridiculous how the Dippers vermin fans get a free pass for any atrocities their fans cause. The media run scared of the Dippers i would love to know why , but if the BBC cannot call Hamsa terrorists i suppose there is no chance of calling the Dippers low life fan base SCUM.
Not true, it was posted earlier and perhaps is the article below yours.

Why was the graffiti on the bog doors included? No one knows who did it and probably took a minute to wipe off, yet they conclude that the shithouse was trashed. However unpleasant the graffiti was, it hardly compared to attacking the City bus, throwing objects at Pep and the dreadful injury caused to a young girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.