Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did. And he was. It was an absolute fucking disgrace the grief he got for a totally innocent tweet. It may have caused offence but absolutely no malice was intended. When did being offended become the worst thing in the world?
as steve hughes, nothing happens when you get offended

The only sensible question came from a female journalist, I think she's a Brazilian, so it shows just how low British journalism has sunk. I don't normally listen to press conferences, but I would if more like her were asking questions.
I dont normally bother listening as its the same banal shite but that was incredible, so juvenile . Like a load of sniggering school boys.
I wish wish wish pep replied with the total disdain he clearly feels

I dont normally bother listening as its the same banal shite but that was incredible, so juvenile . Like a load of sniggering school boys.
I wish wish wish pep replied with the total disdain he clearly feels

He should just say can we have a serious question and say next question don't answer it..

Reactions: PPT
the garnacho situation is quite simple really and is exactly the same as the bernie one, both tweets were a bit of fun, neither caused any offence to the intended parties and in both cases that should be the end of it, the fact that one caused a media furore and ended up with a player being fined and suspended and the other is desperately trying to be swept under the carpet by everyone including the media, the fa and the kick it out campaign tells you all you all need to know if you didnt already about how the game is governed at all levels.

the garnacho situation is quite simple really and is exactly the same as the bernie one, both tweets were a bit of fun, neither caused any offence to the intended parties and in both cases that should be the end of it, the fact that one caused a media furore and ended up with a player being fined and suspended and the other is desperately trying to be swept under the carpet by everyone including the media, the fa and the kick it out campaign tells you all you all need to know if you didnt already about how the game is governed at all levels.
At the time of Bernie’s tweet the FA said they had to take into account potential offence being taken by others (or words to that effect) which must mean gazpacho will also be banned for a game…..if that doesn’t happen then somebody needs to question why one is deemed an offence and the other is not…

At the time of Bernie’s tweet the FA said they had to take into account potential offence being taken by others (or words to that effect) which must mean gazpacho will also be banned for a game…..if that doesn’t happen then somebody needs to question why one is deemed an offence and the other is not…
there isnt enough bandwith on the internet to discuss why something is deemed an offence by one team and not for the rags

I'm pretty sure Garnacho will be sanctioned, with a similar punishment to Bernardo. Bernardo's incident happened on 22 September 2019, the result of the investigation was announced on 13 November, and Bernardo was suspended from the Chelsea game on 23 November - two months after the incident. We shouldn't expect the FA to say anything about their process just yet, but they aren't ignoring it.

One difference between the two incidents is apparent though. The day after the Bernardo tweet, Kick it Out issued a statement saying, "We are extremely disappointed to see the tweet posted by Bernardo Silva, which has since been deleted.

Racist stereotypes are never acceptable as 'banter', and we're shocked that someone who is a role model to millions has failed to understand the discriminatory nature of his post.

The FA have been notified and we believe that retrospective action should be taken, including mandatory education - which is vital to challenge offensive behaviour such as this".

Bernardo currently has 4.5 million Instagram followers. Garnacho has 7.6 million Instagram followers, so his tweet has much further reach. It is rather telling that the body whose purpose it is to speak out against discrimination is itself showing discrimination, by not issuing a similar condemnation of the United player.

He did. And he was. It was an absolute fucking disgrace the grief he got for a totally innocent tweet. It may have caused offence but absolutely no malice was intended. When did being offended become the worst thing in the world?
But it offended Hinchcliffe before the evening match on same day. He said so to the cameras so Bernie had to be punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.