Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAE don’t need soft power through sport, they already have a seat at the table of OPEC+ and have investments in semi-conductors - a critical global resource. There’s of course a marketing angle to ownership of City (if you can use an asset to flog something else, then do it, that’s capitalism), there’s the reputational aspect of building respect by running a high profile project well, and there is a broad strategy of diversifying their economy. Arguments owning the club has anything to do with human rights are so strained they break under the most basic questioning.

Never hear the term sportswashing in cycling. One of the best teams are sponsored by UAE.

You forgot Bahrain Victorious, bizarrely enough the only pro team accused of sports washing were Ineos when Red Radcliffe started the funding of the team after Sky.
Like I've said on this before,if dubai pulled out of horse racing in this country the sport would be in trouble,they put millions in every year but like people have said not one fucking word about sports washing,we know who the enemy is in football and time is ticking for the fuckers

Never hear the term sportswashing in cycling. One of the best teams are sponsored by UAE.

Never hear much talk of it in racing either, even though Dubai have more or less ran British flat racing for the past 40 years.

Might get a bit tricky with the evil state ownership problem when they remember the King has a bunch of horses as well.

Jordan was on Talkstoopid earlier saying Man United are an iconic brand. What he means is they are a club relying on former glories and his producer has told him to big up United. The reality is Forbes have confirmed City has the strongest most iconic brand in football right now. I know which brand equity I would prefer to have. He's a stooge isn't he. He's told what to say by his producer. No real thoughts of his own. A tool and a fool. Oh silly man. Very lucky to have the platform he gets on Talkstoopid.

Jordan was on Talkstoopid earlier saying Man United are an iconic brand. What he means is they are a club relying on former glories and his producer has told him to big up United. The reality is Forbes have confirmed City has the strongest most iconic brand in football right now. I know which brand equity I would prefer to have. He's a stooge isn't he. He's told what to say by his producer. No real thoughts of his own. A tool and a fool. Oh silly man. Very lucky to have the platform he gets on Talkstoopid.

An iconic brand ......so was Woolworths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.