Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens every week. Those who control the narrative during or just after the game, on commentary, set the headline for the week and it is inevitably Neville and/or Carragher. 'Soft' penalty one week bought the card the next and the papers run with it for the week until the next game. Whether the scribblers and hacks have been doing the job too long and can't be arsed to come up with their own views (or write about what they saw), or whether they ever had that ability in the first place, is unclear.

And so we have this weeks gem. Ratboy reckons TAA is the new or better than KDB.

It's difficult to know where to start with this one. I understand, in truth, that there is very little for Liverpool to take away from this one, but lets look at the facts. Doku tore him a new one and he needed 2 or 3 covering him. Another 12 months under his belt and Doku would have tracked him back - Jack would have. TAA is an ok footballer but they couldn't find a position for him as he isn't a fullback, so the team has to suffer. He has been playing this 'hybrid' role for 5 mins and will get found out - meanwhile Kev has been the best creative midfielder for some years. To make the comparison is as insulting as it is ridiculous. He didn't have to think too long to come up with a motm - Bernie ran the game with some exquisite touches and intelligent play and was better defensively.

One thing is clear his dislike of us goes way above of his dislike of Liverpool.

Surely that’s hiding owner investment not sponsorship
Like I said kind of- disguising owner investment by injecting cash into the club via sponsorship relates to hiding sponsorship deals.
Your splitting hairs over a few words, given all of stuff that's published that's factually incorrect I'm struggling to be outraged about it TBH.

City draw against 2nd place Liverpool, Arsenal score a last minute goal against a hard working Brentford side.

Media = "City blow it; Arsenal now favourites for title!"

spongebob-how-many-times-do-we-need-to-teach-you.gif

I see Martin Samuel is going the way of the other hacks. Didn’t take him long after taking Murdoch’s shilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.