Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erling and Jack are the only current EPL players who are front page news in spite of the generally negative press that City get on the back pages. They are the new poster boys around the world for even non football followers. Another example of our brilliant recruitment strategy.

The tide is turning as the old guard become irrelevant to the young generation.

Are you trying to be amusing?
Why would I take
Bollox.

You should post in the political sub forum, the gang will love you and welcome you with open arms lol.
And why would I want to do that? My point wasn't political, I'm not trying to preach and I definitely wouldn't try to appease pent up twats who use a one word response as a counter argument.

I think it's a bit naughty of Sam Lee to imply even a small number of fans may be indifferent to Mahrez leaving due to him being a North African Muslim. It's fair to say that people can take more easily to people that are similar to them but the converse doesn't make someone racist. There are also plenty of City players who don't look like the City crowd who have been adored by us. I'd worry for the health of any City player who looked like most of the match day crowd.

This kind of article again reinforces the idea that City reporters don't write for City fans.

This paragraph:

"Of course, that will not be a factor for many, but it cannot be overlooked as one reason why he has maybe not been given the love that a player with his contributions would ordinarily receive and deserve."

Is particularly stupid. How many people would need to hold this view before it begins to determine how a fan base responds? 10 racists with this view wouldn't impact a fan base response. Would 100? Nope. If it can't be overlooked it must be a significant number or a particularly vocal minority - in which case it should be easy for Sam to name and shame those fans. Of course he can't.

There is absolutely no credibility to his suggestion in my opinion and therefore no justification to include it except to make mischief. Instead of writing "Perhaps his race and faith play into that" it would have been just as credible to write "Perhaps Mahrez smashes all the buttons whilst playing Super Smash Brawl instead of trying to do the moves play into that" - this would certainly be a reason why I would dislike Mahrez.
All this negative input ALL the time has to stop Somebody from the club should be calling these Cnuts out Sorry I meant Cnuts there Yep cnuts

Simply Simon, the slimy rag, has been sniffing glue again....

Knowledgeable fans​

Arsenal v Man Utd (22:00 BST)
ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone
BBC Sport at the MetLife Stadium
I have been fortunate enough to visit the United States on seven occasions for pre-season tours, dating back to 2003.
It is noticeable how the make-up of the crowd has changed in that time.
Twenty years ago, there was a novelty value to United turning up, there was applause at the wrong time in games and one of the stadium announcers even got Sir Bobby Charlton's name wrong.
Now, I have just been on a train packed with fans wearing replica shirts of all different years, with all different Arsenal and United names on the back.
These fans know everything about their clubs.
And over 80,000 will be here hoping to see their team win.

Erling and Jack are the only current EPL players who are front page news in spite of the generally negative press that City get on the back pages. They are the new poster boys around the world for even non football followers. Another example of our brilliant recruitment strategy.

The tide is turning as the old guard become irrelevant to the young generation.
Just watched a programme about Madagascar. There was a guy with a City shirt on. We are truly becoming a global football club with supporters all over the world.

Knowledgeable fans​

Simon Stone
I have been fortunate enough to visit the United States on seven occasions for pre-season tours, dating back to 2003.
Twenty years ago, there was a novelty value to United turning up, there was applause at the wrong time in games and one of the stadium announcers even got Sir Bobby Charlton's name wrong.
Now, I have just been on a train packed with fans wearing replica shirts of all different years, with all different Arsenal and United names on the back.
20 years … Jesus, that’s a lot sycophantic arse licking typed out by SS

Knowledgeable fans​

Simon Stone
Makes me want to puke.

Zero objective reporting with these cunts

Alistair Mann who commentates on the City OS is more objective than all the BBC sycophantic wankers employed by the BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.