Media Discussion - 2023/24

Out of interest, what exactly do you think are snide digs in there?
"This is not a sly dig at the atmosphere at the ethiad thats for others to debate" - yes it is why raise it, or make mention of it?
"Absolutely everything City do will be viewed with an eyebrow raised until the 115 charges is settled. For some nothing they do will mean much until they can prove themselves financially clean" - why does this need to be in the article at all if this is about City's footballing dominance on the pitch.
"Approve of their methods or not.." - implies our methods need approving.

The tone of these comments and them being there at all in the context of the rest of the article, is hard not to see them as digs. Would an article on Liverpool have a comment about the poor atmosphere at Anfield? Or a comment that "for some nothing will mean much until they take responsibility for the actions of their fans". Would "Approve of their methods or not.." be in the summary for an article about Klopps legacy. I doubt it, and until they are its hard not to see digs at City.

I would also point out it should have been clear I am actual pleased he wrote that, irrespective of what I think are cheap shots. On the whole it does present a positive (realistic) view on Peps legacy and City's place in current football.

Delaney has a book out about all things Sportswashing.

Whilst agreeing with your sentiment at this news, I must say I couldn't repeat your (ahem!) florid use of the vernacular..(!!)

Suffice to say, you bringing this revelation to my attention reminded me of one of my favourite literary quotations from one of my favourite books, 'The Tin Drum' by Gunter Grass, which encapsulates my feelings to literature, books and so on, namely:

'Even bad books are books and are therefore sacred..'

I fear, though, that even Old Gunter might be sorely tempted to radically revise his observation in light of the fact that Delaney has been given permission/let loose to write a book. What is the world coming to?!

Ha, that is a laugh, he only takes pens
I wasn't that convinced about Palmer when he was here but he has looked very good in that Chelsea side and it's a bit dismissive to say he only takes pens. 10 goals of which 5 are enalties this season for Chelsea and 7 assists is not too shabby. Think his goal for us in the charity shields was from a little more than 12 yards as well.

There's nothing wrong with a player wanting to leave us and although I suspect that he's more a product of Pep and City than anything Poch has done he's unlikely to say he hasn't improved since te move.

It's churlish to dismiss him like you have.

The two go hand in hand. Negative articles about City are about the biggest attractor of clicks you can get. I'm constantly bemused by people who will acknowledge political bias in papers like the Fail, which has provocative headlines and a comments section designed to catch all the foam, attached to every article it publishes, but who will then deny that the same is true of the back pages.
I would love to see what the newspaper circulation was on the day after we won the treble. Methinks a lot of people couldn't face picking up a paper that day

I wasn't that convinced about Palmer when he was here but he has looked very good in that Chelsea side and it's a bit dismissive to say he only takes pens. 10 goals of which 5 are enalties this season for Chelsea and 7 assists is not too shabby. Think his goal for us in the charity shields was from a little more than 12 yards as well.

There's nothing wrong with a player wanting to leave us and although I suspect that he's more a product of Pep and City than anything Poch has done he's unlikely to say he hasn't improved since te move.

He also scored a header in the Super Cup final.

Agreed, Palmer has looked good for Chelsea in the bits I've seen. I think he could have done a good job for us with Mahrez leaving and the opportunities some of our injuries would have opened up. But I also understand why he left and think he's kicked on in the way he would have wanted, even though Chelsea are in a disappointing (for them) position.

The dismissal of "he only takes penalties for Chelsea" is typical of the "he doesn't play for us anymore so he's crap" football fan mentality. Good luck to the lad, I hope he does well apart from when he's playing against us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.