Media Discussion - 2023/24

I'm going to write an article on how no one is reading that obsessed Irish dwarf Delaney now.
I think every urinal at Eastlands should have photos of these self serving clickbait red shirt paid twats in them.
Something to aim at.
They could also piss on themselves on the press box bogs.
Like a badge of honour for them? Either that or don’t let them in.

"...that deluded rag...". You'll have to narrow it down a bit. Quite a bit.
ha ha true enough, the prick saying our trophies are meaningless due to the charges, I turned off after that though the irony of him calling our fan base bitter was comedy gold, his voice was pure bitterness.

Delooney has written an article on how no one is watching the CL now.

As the two red clubs aren't in it anymore.....
I said last week that he should have been arguing against this years ago, but I do agree with the thrust of the article.

He doesn't mention United or Liverpool (or City), and the overall argument is that it's a bad thing that most of the Champions League billions have gone to just a dozen clubs - which is targeted at a group including Liverpool and United. He even suggests that the Liverpool comeback against Barcelona might be seen by some as a dramatic peak, but it's actually just a symptom of the money being concentrated in the hands of a few teams.

One of his conclusions is something that I think needs to happen if we're ever going to improve competition:
Cost controls must be complemented by redistribution rules.
Essentially he agrees with the argument most of us on here make, that cost controls (FFP/PSR etc), just protect the already wealthy. Unless football finds a way of sharing money, rather than simply giving rich clubs more and more, we are stuck with a more predictable Champions League.

Liverpool lost £49.8 million in 2012-13 on top of £40.5 million for the 10 months before that. They claimed a total of £49.6 million in stadium development costs to offset against the losses. Just £14.6 million for Anfield and laughably £35 million for Stanley Park. The breakdown of that £35 million has never been made public but it seems ridiculously excessive just to pick up litter and cut the grass a few times.
I might be wrong but the vehicle that was in place to build the development for the dippers was I think called Stanley Park or some such and was shut down quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.