Media Discussion - 2023/24

Tis an interesting read and seeing the external perspective...

Skipping all the financial and history based posts (I'll leave that to the other thread or other people to discuss)
I've heard the opinion of the way we play under pep being boring by quite a few different fans before and it seems to me to fall under 2 headers:
1 the ending is pre determined
2 the play is too risk adverse.

Like the financial posts there's no point arguing with the first opinion but the second if you try and ignore bias is either personal preference i.e. preferring counter attack hero striker style of play. Or comes down to how the opposition play...
I love watching the tactical style of dragging the opponents back and forth across the pitch looking for an opening but some games can feel like a bit of a drag when 80 of the 90 minutes is 11 players defending in the penalty box.

And as for the hero striker style of play... The times I've seen haaland or others on 2/3rds of a hat trick squaring the ball to someone else who has a better chance... Love that shit. :) reminds me of pep being fuming last season at haaland giving the ball to gundo to take a penalty to try and get his hat trick.
Different strokes and all that...
I'd rather watch us try and break down an 11 man wall than watch the rags be a billion pound Brentford.

It has always been about lfc always finding excuses for why they got beat. They've been the victim of refs, pgmol, snow, UK govn, cheating, racism, whatever they can find that replaces "They were shit" as the reason. Over the years they have managed to change the narrative into something more favourable to them.

I'v always (Or used to) had a lot of respect for what the lfc fans did, pressing the police and the govn until something had to give until someone had to asnwer for Hillsborough (Even though no one went to jail ffs!)... But my god they have milked this way too much now and they KNOW they are milking it. Its actually turned quite insidious the way they capitalise on those deaths.
That's the truth that can never be spoken.

Nah, it was entertaining, I agree with that. It wasn't top quality though. Entertaining, yes, but great, no. It was actually too open and frenetic for it to be a great game. Maybe I'm being picky though.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. For me it espoused what the Cup can be all about and on these occasions I think quality and technique are not always the main point.

Nah, it was entertaining, I agree with that. It wasn't top quality though. Entertaining, yes, but great, no. It was actually too open and frenetic for it to be a great game. Maybe I'm being picky though.
Had to laugh at a clip from talksport claiming that lots of full grown rags had tears in their eyes at the final whistle. Must have been from the smoke bombs the dippers were throwing.

Why has 'always the victims' chant been classed as a tragedy chant. I always thought it was more about the Suarez / Evra incident and then every issue they have been involved in when they have always made out someone else was to blame. AFAIK it was never about Hillsborough. Can anyone care to enlighten me?
It was about Heysal, specifically their chairman blaming Chelsea fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.