Media Discussion - 2023/24

Sports Journalist Association awards. Talksport throw quite a few quid into the Association coffers so its now surprise they pick up a few gongs at a low key ceremony. They then big it up into something it aint. Shouty and Jordan only won a "Silver award" from this minor organisation. Laura Woods who no longer works for them picked up the big one.
laura Woods and big one you say ..

Laura Woods. Oh dear.

On what basis was she chosen, recruited and by whom?

Any answers for the same question for other presenters and pundits?

I don't have anything to do with X but in case anyone does and wants to refute this dipper twat, the official attendance from Wikipedia for Yokahama Marinos vs City was 61,618 which was their highest gate for the season by a country mile - Avg. home gate 27,301, highest 42,772. Their game against celtic 4 days earlier drew 20,263.

This is why carragher needs to be called out for his stupidity/lies, he says he cant understand how city make such global worldwide revenues yet nobody asks him why, what is so difficult to understand that the winners of 5 out of the last 6 premier leagues, centurions, treble winners, serial contenders would make such revenues and the only answer he could give is that its not the dippers or the rags, that is his only sphere of understanding that if u were good 20 or 30 years ago that it still translates to today and the reality is that it just doesnt, nokia used to be the worlds biggest phone company until apple came along, tesla flew past the old school car companies before they even realised there was a threat and its the same in multiple other areas its just unfortunate that the football media and punditry is entirely stocked with dinosaurs who refuse to see and acknowledge that the world has moved on, we are just lucky that not only were we at the forefront of the world moving on in alot of cases we moved it ourselves

Sports Journalist Association awards. Talksport throw quite a few quid into the Association coffers so its no surprise they pick up a few gongs at a low key ceremony. They then big it up into something it aint. Shouty and Jordan only won a "Silver award" from this minor organisation. Laura Woods who no longer works for them picked up the big one.
Very true - how it works for most of these almost irrelevant awards outside of things like the Oscars (and even that includes a lot of behind the scenes effort). I remember years ago being up for some 'software of the year' award. I couldnt be arsed to go to London (no football game to double up with) when i was told "you must go as we will win" - when i asked how we could be so sure I was told we had paid £5k for a front table rather than £500 for the tables at the back
Needless to say we won

This is why carragher needs to be called out for his stupidity/lies, he says he cant understand how city make such global worldwide revenues yet nobody asks him why, what is so difficult to understand that the winners of 5 out of the last 6 premier leagues, centurions, treble winners, serial contenders would make such revenues and the only answer he could give is that its not the dippers or the rags, that is his only sphere of understanding that if u were good 20 or 30 years ago that it still translates to today and the reality is that it just doesnt, nokia used to be the worlds biggest phone company until apple came along, tesla flew past the old school car companies before they even realised there was a threat and its the same in multiple other areas its just unfortunate that the football media and punditry is entirely stocked with dinosaurs who refuse to see and acknowledge that the world has moved on, we are just lucky that not only were we at the forefront of the world moving on in alot of cases we moved it ourselves
The scouse clown probably thinks people still buy 45's from Woolworths for their music.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.